Fkinx tesix teplx

titleman

Confused about dryer sheets
I just recently retired and have my investments set up as follows:

50% - CDs 1/2 @ 5% for 5 yrs; 1/2 @ 4% for 3 yrs
25% - Equally split between Vanguard VFSTX & VWINX
25% - FKINX TESIX TEPLX

My question involves FKINX TESIX TEPLX. This is in a SEP account and taxes haven't been paid. I bought this through a recommended advisor. Now I starting to wonder if I really should have TESIX & TEPLX? I like FKINX and they have had a good record on dividends.

I don't plan on using the incoming from the SEP fund for a couple of years if things go according to plan.

Your thoughts appreciated.

I'm new to the lingo, what is an SEP account? I'm 26 yrs and have 25%, or 6k, of my 401k in FKINX. I think its a great play when compared to an S&P index fund. When you compare the two, FKINX mirrors it pretty well but usually stays slightly higher. BUT once you account for a much larger (monthly) dividend I think its a great income fund to build for in retirement. Its the best balanced fund of my 401k options anyways. I haven't heard of the other 2 in question I will have to look into those. Does anyone else have FKINX? I think its great to have in a tax sheltered fund to secure income for retirement.

Ky

DRIP-4-LIFE

"I'm new to the lingo, what is an SEP account?"

From Investopedia:

An SEP is a retirement plan established by employers, including self-employed individuals (sole proprietorships or partnerships). The SEP is an IRA-based plan to which employers may make tax-deductible contributions on behalf of eligible employees. The employer is allowed a tax deduction for plan contributions, which are made to each eligible employee's SEP IRA on a discretionary basis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom