I went back to work today

dm

Full time employment: Posting here.
I retired in oct. 2007 at the market high. I was 50 then. I have kept in touch with my old boss as we have been friend's for over 20 yrs, long before he became president of the company. And you just never know what is going to happen, and I don't want to burn any bridges. I talked with him last week and he wanted to schedule a meeting today, so I went in. I went in at 11:30 so we went out to lunch, it was a nice talk and lasted about 2 hours.

I am to report on August 24 at the country club for the annual company golf outing. And I thanked him for the ball tickets that he gave me when I had some relatives visiting. I'm still glad I retired early.

I retired in oct. 2007 at the market high. I was 50 then. I have kept in touch with my old boss as we have been friend's for over 20 yrs, long before he became president of the company. And you just never know what is going to happen, and I don't want to burn any bridges. I talked with him last week and he wanted to schedule a meeting today, so I went in. I went in at 11:30 so we went out to lunch, it was a nice talk and lasted about 2 hours.

I am to report on August 24 at the country club for the annual company golf outing. And I thanked him for the ball tickets that he gave me when I had some relatives visiting. I'm still glad I retired early.

I'm to report to work next week. Meet with the guys at 9:00am on Aug 13th, get in the SUV and head south to Destin, FL for the annual company golf trip. I hadn't planned on going this year but they keep asking me to go so I caved. I'm so easy.:) Oh yes, all expenses paid so what the heck.

I fell for it hook, line and sinker! Here I was all prepared to offer my deepest sympathy. You two can feel sympathy for me when I return to the office tomorrow after a week of vacation time.

And here we were, ready to commiserate with some poorly conceived asset allocation plan and sad return to the cubicle. Wage-earners that we are--so gullible! Good job sucking us in! :)

I had a good time at the golf outing. I got alot of the, " your to young to be retired", I just replied that there is no age requirement. Some are curious on how I did it, they assume I hit it big in the stock market or a rich uncle left me some money. They really don't want to hear that I simply had a goal and LBYM to get there.

I have found that I enjoy the golf outings, ball games, and lunches more now that I'm retired. But outside of the occational stopping by if I'm in the area, which is seldom, I don't see any of my old work friends.

I had a good time at the golf outing. I got alot of the, " your to young to be retired", I just replied that there is no age requirement. Some are curious on how I did it, they assume I hit it big in the stock market or a rich uncle left me some money. They really don't want to hear that I simply had a goal and LBYM to get there.

I have found that I enjoy the golf outings, ball games, and lunches more now that I'm retired. But outside of the occational stopping by if I'm in the area, which is seldom, I don't see any of my old work friends.

I enjoyed my trip as well. Pretty resort. I only got a couple of questions concerning my retirement. And that was from a couple of vendors. They were probably wondering........'why am I paying for this retired guys trip?':D

Back
Top Bottom