Most annoying foible of your spouse or SO

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, we all know that we really do love them, but sometimes there is that annoying little quirk that just drives you mad. What foible of your spouse or SO gets under your skin? Anyone whose partner reads this forum is excused!

OK I'll go first. DW is a soaker. When a pan or dish is really dirty she puts in the sink "to soak". The duration of this soaking is until I get tired of seeing it in the sink and hand wash it. If she paints, she soaks the brush, the roller, the pan. Duration: same as above.

Foible #2. Leaving stuff on the top / bottom of the stairs "until she gets around to" taking it up / down. Duration: until I take it up/ down.

She does activities in illogical 'steps'. Often times later steps never happen until I complain. What I mean by this is, for example:

We have blankets on our couches that are tucked into the couch so if our toddler or dog makes a mess it just gets on the blanket. Once in awhile she'll decide to wash the blanket, or I'll ask if she could wash it.
Steps:
1) Take blanket off, put on floor beside basement stairs
2) Take blanket down stairs (doesn't seem to coincide with going down, just whenever she feels like it)
3) Take blanket from bottom of stairs to laundry room (literally 10 feet away)
4) Wash blanket
5) Dry blanket
6) Put blanket on table in laundry room
7) Bring blanket upstairs
8) Put blanket on couch

I'm not joking when I say some steps can take like a day in between, even though each step takes from 10 seconds to 1 minute. It drives me berserk when she leaves a gap between step 6, 7, and 8 when she is going upstairs empty handed anyway!

She hates when I nag her over this, but I mean come on, you're going upstairs anyway!?

1) she can't unplug from work... ever.
2) she dumps crap in my office when she doesn't know what to do with it.

Old jokes, puns.

Attachments

• See no Evil Speak no Evil Hear no Evil_J8XeuxrXZ6GM.jpg
    See no Evil Speak no Evil Hear no Evil_J8XeuxrXZ6GM.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 5
Okay , I'm game . My So saves empty peanut butter jars for screws and other things in the garage . I had a repair guy in to look at the microwave and when I opened the cabinet above the microwave a empty peanut butter jar hit him in the head .

OK, we all know that we really do love them, but sometimes there is that annoying little quirk that just drives you mad. What foible of your spouse or SO gets under your skin? Anyone whose partner reads this forum is excused!

OK I'll go first. DW is a soaker. When a pan or dish is really dirty she puts in the sink "to soak". The duration of this soaking is until I get tired of seeing it in the sink and hand wash it. If she paints, she soaks the brush, the roller, the pan. Duration: same as above.

Foible #2. Leaving stuff on the top / bottom of the stairs "until she gets around to" taking it up / down. Duration: until I take it up/ down.

<Message for Dear Husband who is also a member of this board>

Ya see honey I'm not the only one who does this. :flowers:

Is there enough room on the forum web server to fit all this data? :LOL:

I read the original post to dh2b and got a good laugh. However, he is watching Stargate (SciFi) less than 10 feet away, well within spontaneous "get up and read my laptop screen" range.

I'll have to think about this and get back to you. ;)

I consider myself reasonably intelligent and logical. Present me a problem and I will sit down, think about it and eventually come up with a solution which will work just about every time. DW, on the other hand, while intelligent is not particularly logical - at least not in the sense of saying A then B then C then D. She is that person who, when presented with a problem will simply say "D" - no explanation. Unfortunately (naaaahhhh, fortunately), she is usually right. It is really frustrating at times. I can't just accept that her leaps beyond logic are as good as or better than my dogged logic. It can be maddening. Now, when she's wrong (not that often) she is very, very wrong. But she is just as certain she is right as when she IS right. Therefore, there is no built in validation to her answer.

I should have known that she was like this. When we were in high school (same grade and long before we were an "item") she was in another section of math. The teacher had given us a problem which I finally solved while many of my classmates could not. After discussing the solution, the teacher mentioned that "some fender head in the other class had the right answer and said you simply solve it by 'inspection'". Two guess who it was? Yep, DW2B.

Guess there are a lot worse "faults" for a spouse to have!

Ah, dh2b went outside to clean some hot tub filters. Mwah haha...>:D

I offered him the keyboard to do a "guest post", but he passed. Smart man, right guys? :LOL:

He actually has very few foibles to complain about.

My biggest tooth grinder is when a consumer catalog shows up in the snail mail or he goes online to TigerDirect. While he's thumbing (or clicking) through it, he comments on the newest "whatever" and all its wonderful features.
I can't tell if he wants to buy something, is enraptured by the newness gee-whiz thing, or is just busting my chops to see my reaction (consistently no I'm not paying for half). :nonono:

DH does the soaking thing. Very annoying.

Please tell your spouse that another great solution to the paintbrush or roller delaying the inevitable is to put them in the freezer for 2 or 3 months. I do that.

I leave cabinet doors open.

He forgets to leave the bathroom door open for the insane border collie who must hide in the tub for any passing thunderstorm. If it is closed, she does her best to eat through the door, leaving bloody splinters lying around and shredded door trim.

He eats the last ice cream sandwich and leaves the empty box so I don't know about it until I go looking for one.

Yeah, there's really no end to this, is there? :)

DH does the soaking thing. Very annoying.

Please tell your spouse that another great solution to the paintbrush or roller delaying the inevitable is to put them in the freezer for 2 or 3 months. I do that.....
:)

funny - the gal just last week retrieved a long ago stashed, uncleaned but wrapped in plastic, brush from the freezer and put it in the sink in a container to soak. and it sat there till the metal had inch long rust trails running down. At that point it was deemed adequately aged and I got to toss it.

Good thing i'm perfect. as a balance, y'know.

When DH doesn't complete a project, I have to add the finishing touch....

We put our garbage in a little bag hanging on the kitchen closet door, and then transfer it to the larger bag in the closet (I had to give in to this...DH just wouldn't consistently open the door to put garbage in there....).

Well, he has a habit of not replacing the small garbage bag after he takes it out. So you go to throw trash away, and, no bag.

That's not really all that bad, but the worst is when he starts sitting empty cans of tuna, pickle jars, etc., you name it, on the counter next to the garbage bag...but not in it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

<DH is snickering in the background as I read this to him, and saying "that's just adorbable, isn't it?">

But he does bring me my coffee every morning, and rubs my feet any time I ask. So I guess I'll keep'm. :)

He eats the last ice cream sandwich and leaves the empty box so I don't know about it until I go looking for one.

Yeah, there's really no end to this, is there? :)

I think we have a winner here. That is unnecessary cruelty.:LOL:

Are you living with my DH:confused: Seriously - same deal here. I once said something about this practice and his solution was to buy several boxes and then leave all the empty boxes in the freezer. Grrr.....

OTOH I am prolly not all that perfect either - so I am trying to view this collection of frozen boxes as some kind of new frugality to be admired. Maybe the freezer runs more economically with the dead spaces filled with cardboard...

I can't see why a woman who goes to exercise class 5 days a week has me carry the laundry basket downstairs and back up when she's done with laundry

DW starts talking from another room. I then have to find out if the discussion is directed at me, the cat or herself.

My two biggest foibles per DW: I give way too much detail when telling a story. And I love having lists (packing, weekend chores (we still w*rk), shopping, etc)

Back
Top Bottom