Which site to email greeting card?

free4now

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've been using 123greetings for sending birthday and holiday greeting cards for years now, because they seem to have the most/best cards of the free sites. but they always seem a bit on the dodgy side with a cheap looking ad-heavy site and I worry a little about whether I'm signing my recipients up for spam by using them.

It seems like Bluemountain is the pay site of choice, but I just can't see myself paying for something that so obviously ought to be free.

What site do y'all use for sending greeting cards?

I avoid all of the online greeting card sites for exactly the reason you mentioned...spam.
I use Microsoft's free template library site at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx
to download a greeting card template (search on greeting or birthday card) , personalize it,and email it myself directly to the recipient.
If I have a photo of the person [-]intended victim[/-], I incorporate that into the card. Sky's the limit! :D
No complaints yet. I get lots of positive feedback on their very personalized card.

PS There is an unbelievable number of templates for many different needs at the Microsoft library. Search on anything from business cards (oops) to budgets to net worth statements to...

I worry a little about whether I'm signing my recipients up for spam by using them.
That's why I usually copy-paste electronic greeting cards into a normal e-mail and send them from my regular e-mail program.
Don't feed the spammers!

I don't open e-mails from greeting card companies. I delete them as spam before opening, because I don't think they are always safe. Sure, I miss some greeting cards but I'll live.

I like the solution above! Just send them something nice in a real, personal e-mail directly from you.

Last edited:
I do think that DIY is the way to go where possible, and I often do design my own cards for christmas that I send as attachments or links.

But for birthdays, I don't want the hassle of customizing cards myself (or choosing/downloading/designing them). What would be really cool would be some sort of open source system that could pull clip art from public domain sources, and included a simple text editor/previewer functionality, then mailed me the attachment.

I took a look at those microsoft templates and while they did look good, many were designed for paper use (requiring two folds), and nearly all would require me to do some minor resizing or reformatting. I just want a pushbutton solution where I put in the person's name and get a new card every year with their name on it. Free and spam free. I certainly have gotten demandy in this internet cornucopia age.

Back
Top Bottom