Are you up or down since Dec 2007

modhatter

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just wondering how everyone is faring with their portfolios since the crash. How much ( % )are you up or down to date?

I have 15% more in my portfolio today versus 12/31/2007. But I have also contributed an additional 31% of the 12/31/2007 value in new contributions since then. So I'm still in the negative from where I was 12/31/2007.

Nought gozinta nought times nought. The best I can decipher is up about 5%. (not counting contributions)

I forgot to make a year end copy of my portfolio share balances so I could figure out the real gain with no new inputs. :blush:

M* portfolio manager tool tells me I'm up almost 16% YTD.
That number includes just under $10k of [new money thru DCA + 7 months of nice dividends on my munis].
Small potatoes...

down a net 20%. I had to take money out of my IRA at the bottom because I was out of work 5 months.

I would take out a contract on the B*s who put us in this mess, but there are too many of them.

Definitely down, about 15% or so. But I have more than I had in December 2006! :)

Since 12/31/2007:

Portfolio Return: -4.5% (XIRR)
Portfolio Value: +33%

Definitely DOWN. I haven't calculated how much.

Down around 7%, I think. And slowly reducing my equities. Down to a 30/70 allocation as of today. If stocks continue to rally the rest of the year(not asking for much;)), I hope to have my AA around 20/80.

Down 24% since October 2007 in a 95% stock portfolio. Much better than the 41% I was down this past February.

Sold a little in Oct '08, partial positions in stuff that was all still up at that time, and having the extra cash helped me sleep at night.

Down about 25% from the December 31 2007 balances. Mostly stock, weighted towards small caps.

Still down, including all the contributions (oh the joy of being burned badly by one stock; lesson learned....). Haven't calculated how much.

I'm down around 15% in a formerly 100% stock portfolio.

Looks like all in all people on this board haven't been hurt too badly in the downturn. I guess the sky is not falling Chicken Little.....

Down about 19% from Dec 2007. 80/20 stocks.

Still down over 15%. I think the major determiners here are (a) how aggressively we invested and (b) what the size of our portfolio was relative to new contributions since then.

Up, however, I have continued contributions in that time so probably even.
Income stream from dividends has doubled though (with a 25% increase in portfolio).

Down 15% since Dec 07. From high-water mark in Oct 07, down 17%.
Included in the numbers was a drawing of about 2% since then, due to part-time work dwindling down.

Portfolio was 80% stock in 07, [-]traded[/-] rebalanced down to less than 50% in Sep 08, then brought back earlier this year to 60%. Currently at 66% equity.

We are down 10% since 2007. 5.5% drawdowns (3.3% SWR) and 4.5% negative return. Until we rebalanced in July, our portfolio was basically 40/40/20 stocks/bonds/cash, stocks and bonds all in broad-based index funds.

Back
Top Bottom