Votes: 23 16.3%
  • No, I retired in a previous year

Votes: 59 41.8%
  • No, I will retire after 2009

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
I voted that I'm retiring later, but if work keeps sucking as bad as it does right now I may have to change that. Right now, FireCalc tells me I could do it if I cut back on my lifestyle, but I'm planning on pulling the trigger in 3-5 years.

But it occured to me that I'm actually looking forward to my colonoscopy next week because it will get me out of the office!:(

I voted "after 2009" but I'm expecting it will only be 2 weeks after 2009 ends :)

I officially "retired" in April when I closed my business. Great timing! :LOL:
However, I figure if I can pull it off in this environment I should be able to make it going forward.

I am retiring in November, 2009, come H*ll or High Water. My official application to retire is filed, my job duties are already almost completely transitioned to others, and assuming I don't expire from senseless job stress between now and then I am as good as there.

Look out, everyone, 'cause here I come! :D

:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance::clap::dance: 2009!

Last edited:
My 30th year (job) anniversary date is 12/17/2009.
I will probably plan to retire at the end of a pay period as mega death/corp. likes all good boys to do.
Looks like it would work out to be New Years 1/01/2010? That falls on a Friday which is always my off day anyway. So normally would not be at work. If I'm counting correctly?
But I fully intend to be burning up vacation time for a couple weeks leading up to that date. So if all goes right- health care & vacation approval, I'll be out of there before the actual date.
Gee's "What a Happy New Years" that would be.
My Mom & Dad's (still living) Wedding Anniverary is New Years Eve also.
Sounds like Party Time !!!:dance::clap::dance::clap::dance:
Steve

I officially "retired" in April when I closed my business. Great timing! :LOL:
However, I figure if I can pull it off in this environment I should be able to make it going forward.

Kind of like you.
I'm hoping going out at a time like this will give me a more reasonable chance to have good Market days ahead of me.
Should beat retiring at the end of 2007 anyway.
Here's to hope,
Steve

Don't worry...I've done the same thing. 'Course it was a different kind of poll/pole. :p

Not sure if I should go here without the approval of a moderator but:

Did this have anything to do with Dancing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Steve

But I fully intend to be burning up vacation time for a couple weeks leading up to that date. So if all goes right- health care & vacation approval, I'll be out of there before the actual date.

Me too! I have been saving up vacation time and I am going to be using it all before I go, starting next Thursday, because I need the time more than the money (which after all, is what retirement is all about IMO). If all goes as planned I will be working only 7 days in September, 6.5 days in October, and 4.5 days in November. :dance:

:cool:
Me too! I have been saving up vacation time and I am going to be using it all before I go, starting next Thursday, because I need the time more than the money (which after all, is what retirement is all about IMO). If all goes as planned I will be working only 7 days in September, 6.5 days in October, and 4.5 days in November. :dance:

We've got an option to put 320 hours of vacation time/pay into our 457plan at retirement. I think I am going to burn everything above the 320 and put whats left into my 457. Not sure if it will help me much but it sure want hurt anything.
Steve

Oh, I've got 2 weeks vacation already approved in Oct.
I'll be chipping away as many on the job days as I can possibly work out.:cool:

I can't believe I'm finishing up the fifth month of my retirement. I think the to do list is longer than when I started. The best part is that my golf buddies are jealous of the improvement in my game.

Coach

I can't believe I'm finishing up the fifth month of my retirement. I think the to do list is longer than when I started. The best part is that my golf buddies are jealous of the improvement in my game.

Coach

I'm very concerned about my to do list.
I've only been putting off every chore that I possibly could for about 3 or 4 years now. Its become a real joke around my place. Every project the DW comes up with. My response is : Do you think that can wait until I retire. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
Only good thing, I guess I can take my sweet time once I start on it.
Steve

The year that my Dad retired, he put in for vacation in January for the last week of every month, plus every Friday. His official retirement date was set to be on his birthday at the end of May. He had been planning it all out for a couple of years. Then only a couple of weeks after he officially announced his retirement and vacation plans, the company announced that it was permanently closing down and going out of business in June.

Those who had put in for their vacation time prior to the closing announcement, received it....those who hadn't put in, lost it. Some of his coworkers accused him of knowing about the company's plans, but refusing to tell them. He was a very staunch union guy, and assured them that there was absolutely no way in heck that the company would ever confide anything in him!

Not sure if I should go here without the approval of a moderator but:

Did this have anything to do with Dancing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Steve
Well, I'll say this...I spilled my beverage, I heard somebody yell and I had a bruise the next day. My friends to this day say "Remember when?"

Did I go to far Mods?......:angel:

And by "working" I assume you mean show up at the office and just smile as you sit at your desk, no matter what gets thrown at you those 18 days?

Woohoo!

You know I've just realized that I finally feel retired since DH pulled the plug at the end of February. He's fully retired now...:dance:....so this means I no longer have to fix stuff that breaks, mow the yard, handle car maintenance and I don't have to do all the housework. I like it...it feels good. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom