Bacus Bill all 1502 pages

Keep in mind that this bill still has to be merged with the Health Committee bill so nothing is ready to vote on yet.

Keep in mind that this bill still has to be merged with the Health Committee bill so nothing is ready to vote on yet.

And then merged with the House bill.

And then submerged in legal vernacular for the final vote.

I thought about starting a thread about insurance lately but decided to let it go. I've been wondering if there is going to be anything interesting in there for a wannabe early retiree? Its really hard to tell at this point. By the time all the bills are thrown together its a no mans land.
There is one tidbit about extending Cobra benefits (in one bill) while the congress critters implement what ever gets passed. That might help a little. Seems the meat and potatoes of the bill want take affect until 2013, so something to help a person make it to that date might be a plus.
Anyway, its up in the air for now but I keep watching to see if anything good materializes.
Steve

I thought about starting a thread about insurance lately but decided to let it go. I've been wondering if there is going to be anything interesting in there for a wannabe early retiree? Its really hard to tell at this point. By the time all the bills are thrown together its a no mans land.
There is one tidbit about extending Cobra benefits (in one bill) while the congress critters implement what ever gets passed. That might help a little. Seems the meat and potatoes of the bill want take affect until 2013, so something to help a person make it to that date might be a plus.
Anyway, its up in the air for now but I keep watching to see if anything good materializes.
Steve

Im hoping my ER premiums for medical do not go up. If it stays even Ill be happy as a damn drunk monkey. Somehow I doubt it. That is what bothers me.

Steve

I am letting it rest for a bit, waiting to see how the bills get merged. Personally, I couldn't wait until I used up my COBRA as it was so expensive. As it is, many can't afford to take COBRA so COBRA isn't an answer.

I know it seems strange but cobra is actually (or would be) a better deal for me. I would get to keep my current insurance (which is a better policy) for less money than my state high risk plan. I guess that is why that little detail in one bill caught my eye.
I'm hoping the up coming bills blow my state sponsored plans out of the water. Causing them to lower prices and form better policy's. Hope I'm not dreaming this time. My state has been used as a poster child by some pushing for changes, and rightly so.
Steve

I noticed last night that Neil Cavuto had a speed reader inserted in the upper right portion of the screen. Pretty good gimmick but I did not stay around long enough to see the end. That guy was flying thru those pages. Not sure how he could be actually reading. Was I scammed by Neil?

Back
Top Bottom