At least you can look younger

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Aggressive Microdermabrasion Induces Wound-Healing Response to Repair Aging Skin

microdermabrasion, using a coarse diamond-studded wand, appears to induce molecular changes in the skin of older adults that mimic the way skin is remodeled during the wound healing process.

"Microdermabrasion is a popular procedure for skin rejuvenation," the authors write. "It has been suggested that microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of wrinkles, atrophic acne scars, dyspigmentation and other signs of aging skin."

If you ever saw aggressive microdermabrasion done you would not rush to have it . They take a tool and sand the heck out of your face and sometimes they actually use sandpaper in hard to reach areas . The result is a face that until it heals looks like you fell off a motorcycle and landed on your face . So you think well then I'll opt for chemical dermabrasion . That is where they paint your face with an acid formula that basically burns off the layers of your skin . Ouch !

I had a girlfriend who was wrinkly like a Sharpei at 40-something, but had been a beauty at one time. She just had ultra-thin skin prone to wrinkling. She swore the microdermabrasion was worth it, but I'm with Moemg...double ouch! I'd have to be realllly desperate to try that.

On the topic of looking younger I had been considering a lifestyle lift . It looked like a non invasive mini lift . Two weeks ago we were discussing them at lunch with my gym pals and the one woman said she had one .She said it was the best $4995 she ever spent . She definitely did not look lifted at all . She still had the jowls , the saggy face , etc.. So basically she saved me a bundle .

Gallery1Large.jpg

That is a very large difference, 10 or 15 years. The woman on our right even has fuller lips.

Ha

TromboneAl, is that a photo of before and after microdermabrasion results?

If you ever saw aggressive microdermabrasion done you would not rush to have it . They take a tool and sand the heck out of your face and sometimes they actually use sandpaper in hard to reach areas . The result is a face that until it heals looks like you fell off a motorcycle and landed on your face . So you think well then I'll opt for chemical dermabrasion . That is where they paint your face with an acid formula that basically burns off the layers of your skin . Ouch !

No way, no how, not me! :nonono:
Skin is crawling (pardon the pun) just thinking about it. :eek:

If I want layers of skin burnt off, it's pretty simple, all I have to do is piss DW off, and the withering stare received is enough to remove the top layers almost immediately..........:)

Silly me, I thought the difference in T-Al's example had to do with lighting, face tilt, drying the hair a little fluffier, and smacking the lips. Nothing wrong with the image on the left, although I would prefer a little jewelry, especially earrings. Maybe fill the lips out with more of a brighter color. Guys I know don't even look close, so I've heard.

No way is that picture the result of dermabrasion . She might have had dermabrasion but she also had her lips injected ,a brow lift , a face lift and the eyelids done and who knows what else . You are looking at about $35,000 at least of plastic surgery . Dermabrasion is great for acne scars or fine lines when you are thirty but it never gives results like that . They have a newer procedure called laser resurfacing ( it tightens your skin but it has to be repeated every so often )that one of my anesthesiologist pals told me how painful it was and that you need a super amount of heavy duty drugs and you still have some pain .

I had it done when in my early thirties (acne) I came home with my entire head bandaged...looked like a mummy. The bandage was taken off the next day and I was left with red gauze all over my face. The gauze had to fall off naturally as the skin healed. The skin was all red/brown and very crusty as it healed. I was off work for about a week and had red skin for for quite some time. I was in a rather isolated work location at the time and didn't care what I looked like while I was healing. But...no way did I look like that picture.:ROFLMAO:

Men get dermabrasion everytime they shave.
coolsmiley.gif

So are women's legs, etc. smoother than their faces? Empirical determination needed.:LOL:

:ROFLMAO: That's too funny. Men do seem to age well, hmm.

Perhaps women should shave their faces as well. Sure is cheaper than all the [-]crap[/-] cosmetics, snake oil they put on by the bucket. Note: nuns don't use cosmetics, they usually have fine facial skin into advanced years.:greetings10:

I google imaged "microdermabrasion before and after", and chose an interesting picture. Not judging it one way or the other. When anyone talks about a treatment, I like to see before and after pictures. Often with the botox photos, I can't tell the difference.

But I just went back, and found that the pictures are for something else entirely. Sorry about that.

Like Moemg, I think that there was a lot more going on here(before and after photo above) than just dermabrasion. At the very least, different lighting, photography artistry and very skillful makeup, both before and after are likely explanations.

Perhaps women should shave their faces as well. Sure is cheaper than all the [-]crap[/-] cosmetics, snake oil they put on by the bucket. Note: nuns don't use cosmetics, they usually have fine facial skin into advanced years.:greetings10:
A man after my own heart - he likes natural looking women without the heavy duty makeup. I do not wear makeup day-to-day and only when it is a special occasion, like a formal dinner out or for pictures.
I am pleased to report that my complexion is excellent, a combo of the effects of FIRE and not clogging my pores every single day. :flowers:

I like a woman however she feels comfortable. Wants to slather on the goop. She wants to go bare thats good too. Im flexible. :) Hey after a few drinks who cares... Hell some days I don't want to shave or bathe. I m all good with the boobie jobs and lip shots. Hey whatever floats your boat. No sense picking one or the other. The other just ends up getting pissed off. :D Just to be a gentleman Id supply the sandpaper or chemicals.

Do a google for bad or awful plastic surgery: scary

I'm always amazed at the number of people who don't believe they "look their age." It's kind of sad, really. After all...you ARE your age. Consequently, that's what "your age" looks like.

Back
Top Bottom