Walgreen give a FREE AARP membership this year?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Around October the last few years, Walgreens would offer a FREE AARP membership if you purchased X at their store and used X dollars. We don't take the insipid local paper anymore (3 papers in an area of only 400K people is absurd), so if this offer has been made this year I've missed it. Has anyone seen this sort of offer come thru this September or October from Walgreens?
Just asking 'cause it was a great deal...:rolleyes:

Have not seen it, but have not been looking for it.

Hummmm . . . wonder what motivation Walgreens would have for offering free AARP memberships?

From some brief homework, looks like Walgreens is now teaming with AARP with a Wellness Van that comes to 300 cities--but not my area so far and maybe never; and you can have a bunch of tests free it seems, which are worth $140, and then get your FREE AARP membership as a bonus. Unfortunately, I think they have stopped the deal I got in on the past few years.
Makes sense, because if they find anything wrong with you they hope to get the prescription business at Walgreens. Better business plan for them, but bad for those of us who just want the darn AARP membership for free. Shucks!

Every once in awhile you can glean some really good ideas from their magazine I found.
If you're traveling some motels/hotels give AARP cards a discount, but I have a AAA care, too, so it does the same. I just really want the magazine is all.
(I do remember getting like $35 or more off on a hotel in Chicago one night with my AARP card.)

Back
Top Bottom