• I'm not retired, and wish I was younger

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I'm not retired, and wish I was older

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • I'm not retired, and I'm fine with my current age

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
May seem odd, but I almost wish I was a little older than I am for several reasons. Wondered how others might feel?

No. I am OK as is. Will you share your reasons?

PS. To reply to Midpack's response below: OK. I did not see the poll the first time. I have voted too.

I'm not retired, and for the most part I would prefer to be younger, because there are a number of things I would like to have done earlier in life, e.g. become a self directed investor! OTOH, sometimes I would like to be older and closer to RE!

:LOL:

I would like to feel younger.

Isn't there medication for that?

I had never wanted to be any age other than what I was at the time this question was asked in the past. Now, as I get closer to the end, I am having second thoughts... I would love to do it all again.

Another thought is that, of course, I would want to be (a lot) younger. I was born into a pretty unproductive time in history, these are some pretty exciting times we live in today.

I love life and do not want to die. I want to stay alive as long as possible. Every moment, whether joyous or miserable and full of pain, is preferable to nothingness IMO.

Given that point of view, I voted that I want to be younger. If I could choose an age at which I would be immortal, I suppose I would choose to be about ten years younger than I am at the moment. But given no immortality, I would want to be as young as possible in order to have as long a life as possible ahead of me.

I would like to look younger but stay the same age . When I look at pictures of myself twenty years ago I realize I was hot and now those days are over except when I get hot flashes and that is a different kind of hot .

I'm thoroughly content being the age I am! I don't have any desire at all to be younger...and go through all that cr*p again! And I certainly don't wish I was older than I am....why would I want to wish my life away?! :crazy:

Nope....I'll stay just 'xactly how I am, thank you very much! :)

In terms of the economic "deal" different generations are getting and the potential for prolonged harder economic times ahead, I'd prefer to be in my parents' generation. Their generation got probably the sweetest economic deal of any in the history of the planet and their descendants are probably going to have it worse with each successive generation, at least for a while.

But in terms of having a "do over" in terms of my career -- and having more time left to enjoy life -- being younger would be nice as well, to see so many more wonders develop and so many neat new breakthroughs emerge.

But in the end, we are what we are, so we might as well enjoy it and try to avoid "generation envy" or whatever you want to call it. And at my current age, I'm wise and experienced enough to know what I want from life from here on out and how to enjoy it, and I'm young enough to be able to enjoy those things for decades. So at this phase, entering my mid-40s, I'm fairly blessed here as well. :)

I'm a serious late bloomer in everything. Career, family, education, etc. Given that, I'd like to be younger and know what I know now.

I voted I'm not retired, and I'm fine with my current age.

I'm learning to be content with conditions over which I have no control.

I do, however, wish that I had been this smart when I was younger :cool:

I marked retired, but plan to work again on some level when I am thru eldercaring. I definitely wish I were younger because, at an advanced age, you not only see all your errors; but I have a number of goals I want to accomplish, and wish I had more time in life left to more guarantee I could reach them. All I can do is work double time now and try to finish them. Thankfully I can handle pressure..ha!

Quite a few wished to be young again, but also to retain their hard-earned wisdom or experience or money! No can do! Who wouldn't want that?

You must go back empty-handed, and start anew. Then, we would all make different but new mistakes. And they could be worse mistakes. NOOOO!

To quote Mark Twain, “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”.

Besides, it’s not the age, it’s the mileage.

Me - I'm happy that I got this far.

To quote Mark Twain, “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter”.

Besides, it’s not the age, it’s the mileage.

Me - I'm happy that I got this far.

It's not my mind. I always feel older than my age, even as a kid.

It's my body now. Sigh...

I am about to start a whole new adventure in retirement and don't want to be younger. I don't think I even want to skip these last 2 months to get into retirement.

Not retired yet, 3 years to go, about. I don't want to wish my life away. I'll be 51 when I pull the plug. I'll be young enough to enjoy a nice long retirement (I think, I hope). I would not want to be younger either. We (DW and I) are just beginning to enjoy our empty nest and the freedom that comes with it. Although we really miss the kids, I don't think I would want to raise the again. Sure there I things I wish I had done differently...been a better Dad, invested earlier, took better advantage of the 401k when it was available, same for IRAs/Roths. But life has pretty much treated me well. I just didn't always slow down enough to smell the roses along the way. So now, I'm just trying to "find Joy in the Journey".

R

I had a problem with the poll.

I'm retired and while I'm OK with my current age, I'd go back to my early twenties if that was an option, but it isn't an option I wish for.

As in the other "what would you have done differently" threads, my answer is "nothing, just more of it".:D

While I am looking forward to hitting my number at the end of 2011 and retiring at the end of 2013, and want to get there, I have no wish to accelerate the journey and miss out on any of the time between now an then.

If the poll is about generations, I agree that the boomers have had the best economic deal in history and that their children, grand children etc will be paying for it (and for a lot of government irresponsibility). That said, all you can do is play the hand you are dealt with, not the one you would like to to be dealt.

Isn't there medication for that?
You know, I have searched for that perfect pill for years. My body felt like someone run over me with a Mac truck until I tried fish oil. I have been taking it for about 10 months now and I do feel better. Not like I was at 21 but better. My golf has improved. I hit the ball much longer and my handicap has dropped. I am 62 and for the last 15 years I have tried everything but this thing fish oil , well I have to say I think it has worked.

Back
Top Bottom