My Reinvention of my life begins tomorrow!

Tesaje

Recycles dryer sheets
Today is my last day of work. I turn in all my electronics and badge about midday and finish cleaning out my office and computer. :eek: I've slept very poorly these last few days. I guess I'm pretty excited and all the things I have to do in this short period keep rolling around my mind. So, I've come in early and stayed late. My last few hours of unpaid overtime, LOL. I woke up to snow falling and freezing rain at the office. It figures. Gotta get those last few lousy commutes in so I can appreciate not doing them next year. I got my retirement papers in the mail this week. She sends me a copy when she sends them to the finance center to close me out.

So, a long chapter in my life closes and I walk into a new chapter tomorrow (tho technically, I'm still employed tomorrow).

Let the reinvention of me begin.... :D:D

Congrats. What a great way to finish out a decade and start a new one. Good timing!

Audrey

Awesome! I hope that you have a wonderful introduction to life after work! You give us inspiration down here in the bowels of the workplace!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :dance: I have been looking for this post! :LOL:

You are going to just love this new stage in your life. I know I did. Just think - - no more dragging yourself out of bed to head off to work. Actually I found that I awakened even earlier my first week, because I was so excited to spend my days doing what I wanted to do. Now I am a seasoned retiree, I guess, because I usually sleep in. :D

Congratulations - what a great way to start a new decade.

Congrats! I think you are reallllly going to enjoy the next part of your life alot!!!:flowers:

My Reinvention of my life begins tomorrow!

Congratulations...before you know it, you'll start looking like this...
sHa_runaround.gif
....then you'll fall down and take a nap. :greetings10:

Way to go Tesaje!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Congratulations Tesaje! I can only imagine how you feel. I have a while to go so I don't have any advice for you other than.....enjoy.:flowers:

Congrats! I can understand why one can be a bit excited, or even a bit apprehensive, as he or she crosses the threshold of retirement, even if it has been planned and anticipated. It is an important milestone in our lives. Enjoy your retirement, and the leisure time to "shop" for your RV, as I remember seeing your post in an RV thread. ;)

Congrats! Coincidentally, today was my last day of work also, same as you. Been dreaming about this day for a long, long time. Family is out of town this week, so just the dog and I are celebrating tonight - me with a beer, and him with a new rawhide bone, ha.

We'll have to compare notes as we go through this next month or two, to see if we have a similar experience. A retired friend I used to work with told me the other day that "it really won't hit you for about a month or so, when you finally wake up one day and realize that this is not just a long vacation.......you really do not have to go back!".

Best of luck to you!

Why do I miss the excitement of those last days of work/first days of ER:confused:?

Congrats Tesaje. I see you are the same age I was when I started ER about 7 years ago. Today I'm very happy in ER (although some of the "E" is disappearing :cool:) as I continue to find avenues for my curiosity. Hopefully your path will be pleasurable too.

Congrats. Rae. Its a good club to be in!
So far, I don't think I quite feel it yet. Sat. I thought I need to get my errands done. Then I said to myself, Self, no you can do them Mon. When no one is in the stores.

Today, I'm looking for free wi fi. Not having the subsidized computer comms is my biggest hassel. Got to get that figured out soon.

Back
Top Bottom