Video dating pointers

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Uhh, guys? I get the feeling these clips do not present to finest in how to present our plumage to the female viewers. Very happy not to have to avail myself of those services or be on the prowl anymore.

Video Mate Dating Challenge

Oh man...I needed that laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Geez...if I find myself single at some point, I think I'm gonna stay that way. :sick:

The guy at 1:03 is definitely gay. But some of the others were pretty scary!

God that was painful. The viking guy was my fav. If I was gay or a woman I'd be all over him...

Rather than do that - I rather get another used pickup - with rusty fender and take my dogs fishing while wearing bib overalls.

But then again - it's winter.

heh heh heh - :nonono:.

Man, what these poor guys had to go through to find a mate! However, wouldn't there be women out there looking too? I want to see some female videos.

Rather than do that - I rather get another used pickup - with rusty fender and take my dogs fishing while wearing bib overalls.

Yeah, real men don't make videos.:cool: Best folks I know would be awful on camera. Psst, is quiche allowed these days?

Does this mean you did avail yourself of these services and where is your tape ?:)
Did not avail - back when i was a lonely man they didn't have video dating - you paid the towne crier seven groats and had him hie himself through the village, calling out; "Lad of sound limb and even temper, of some prospect, free of pox and with most teeth withal, doth seek young maid of like disposition, clean of limb and spirit. Biggeth boobeth a plus. Most Urgent"!

All of the above is not true. I had to pay four groats extra.

Some of my mating ritual is remembered with embarrassment - having it immortalized on film or the web would just be too cruel.

Psst, is quiche allowed these days?

Only if you also know how to make it. :angel:

No, I still do not make it, but would eat if someone else does. :D

I find video and public dating site to be the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?

At first I thought calmloki meant goat instead of groat, then he mentioned it again spelled the same way. I had to look up 'groat'....fascinating the things I learn on this forum. :)

I find video and public dating site to the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?

$40, eh, you sound very knowledgeable.:LOL:;) The mystery is in which street corner do you find which type of street walker, the other day one of those guys(?) was eyeing me, no doubt because I look like an undercover cop, and I took him/her as a cross-dresser. Honestly, I'm not on the prawl; new hobby is taking me into the seamy side sometimes. :blush:Sorry, Buns, I seem to have misinterpreted your post, this is pre-coffee time among the retired. nm, it's Sunday of a loooong weekend.

I find video and public dating site to the PG-rated version of a $40 hooker standing on the street corner. If everybody can know everything about you, then what is the draw, and where is the mystery?

BGF -- how would you suggest that older singles meet?

As someone who is single and participating on an online dating site, I'd respond by saying it's just a modern means of meeting someone.

The profiles that are posted online give a little information and usually a few pictures.

If that profile looks and sounds interesting, (that is both the draw and the mystery). then you can start emailing that person which might lead to a phone call and, hopefully, a "meet & greet" at a local coffee shop or restaurant.

If the in-person meeting goes well, a request for a date is the typical outcome.

As we get older, I think it's more difficult to meet people (fewer of us enjoy hanging out at clubs and bars hoping to meet someone)...and it's harder to discern who is single and who is not (as compared to people in their 20's -- when a greater percentage are single and actively looking).

They still say the best way to meet a likely dating partner is through friends and family. At the same time, I think a lot of people are loathe to fix two people up, just in case it doesn't work out.

omni

I still prefer to meet women in person. I can usually get a vibe from them about how much work, read usually not a trivial amount, I will need to do to convince them. If you really would prefer to go the online route, my suggestion is to use a site that's a bit more private such as eHarmony. Sites such as Match.com opens you up to the jokes that we are cracking now about the videos in this thread.

CuppaJoe, give me some credit. $40? I spend at at least $45. :)

Omni550: Don't be offended as everyone is just having fun. Nothing wrong with personals as W2R met her Frank there, and that seems to have jelled spectacularly. We funni'n...chill.

Me, however, I plan to go out alot when I'm ready to meet the opposite sex. Places like the health club and similar interests...maybe hang around Home Depot..ha! Too many "players" on those personals I think who aren't really serious on most of those boards, but you never know (refer to above).

EHarmony's owner has some right-wing religious affiliation, so he isn't exactly objective in his personality "assessment" test. I'd pass that particular one up myself. Do know some who had great luck with Match.com, tho.

My 63 year old sister has just signed up with PlentyOfFish.com. Should be interesting.

Bridge? One of the guys(in his 60's) at the ole doughnut shop recently divorced swears by the Bridge club/tournaments he plays 2-3 times a week.

heh heh heh - me I must have that forlorn look in my ratty overalls - I used to get nailed before I realized I've been got. :blush: It sure 'wasn't' my social grace/good looks/etc.

Hmmm - now that I think of it - I wonder if Bridge helped cause the divorce??

Find someone of similar interests I say...whatever those interests are, there is someone out there for you thinking along the same lines. The old saw is: Opposites attract, but similars last.

Find someone of similar interests I say...whatever those interests are, there is someone out there for you thinking along the same lines. The old saw is: Opposites attract, but similars last.
Very true...similars do last.
You all know I am a techno-geek, which usually sends men running. All my life this has happened...:(
The first time I met dh2b by chance at a clambake, we totally talked techie. He'd never met a lady engineer before and was duly fascinated. :cool:
I even told him about wave mechanics and fetch and sailing mechanics on Lake Ontario. Even so, the poor slob stuck it out for 4 hours. :LOL:
On the flip side, he's a computer geek and I followed every single thing he talked about except networks.
We continue to be teased about how people had to walk around us, we were so "glued" to the spot talking all day.

Shoot, freebird5825, alot of guys will run if your i.q. is high enough....disappointing isn't it in today's world. But you sound like you found a "live one."

Back
Top Bottom