Excellent Men's Health Article About Sub-Categories of LDL

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Understanding Cholesterol And Heart Disease : Men's Health#

Very clear popular article about the discovery and elucidation of different lipoproteins that are all lumped together in the usual LDL clinical measurement. Also about the very different clinical consequences of these lipoproteins, and how LDL = "bad cholesterol" is way too oversimplified to be very useful.

It's also a story of two groundbreaking researchers, one now dead, and two amazing laboratory devices, one now superseded by the other.

Ha

Good article Ha. A lot of the generic low fat recommendations are still floating around affecting how people eat. For years the advice made me uncomfortable with my propensity to eat eggs. this article recommends that I keep at it :)

Liporootein testing

I follow Dr. Micheal Davis' blog, and he prefers the NMR version.
The Heart Scan Blog: Lipoprotein testing

I just found out that our local hospital now has a new 64 slice CT scanner and does calcium scoring for $50 cash. Woo -hoo. Now I can find out if I really have heart issues creeping up on me, or not, instead of all the supposed "risk factors" (just take some statins....etc.) There is no way they can be making a profit on this. I wonder what the motivation is for the investment. (I have my suspicions)

The Iranians are missing a plausable excuse. "The ultractrifuges are just for cholesterol testing to prevent heart disease!!" :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom