Now Little Lady, This Here Ain't The Mayo Clinic...

IMHO Ms. Mitchell was quite correct to report her concerns - although doing so anonymously does not impress me. Obviously this took placde in a "blame and shame" culture. I'm privileged to work in a jurisdication where we have legislation to protect whistleblowers.

Oh, I agree, it is absurd to prosecute this woman.

She has had to see human beings messed up by this guy, and this goes against her ethical stance, as it should.

I am not sure that this (US?) (Texas?) (Small towns?) is a "shame and blame" culture. It sounds more like just a little slice of local politics.

Ha

Without knowing all the facts, this kinda of reminds me of the Duke LaCrosse team situation, an out of control prosecutor. Hopefully, national coverage will result in additional scrutiny and some justice.

Lawyer said: "We are glad that this phase of this ordeal has ended and that Anne has been restored to her liberty," Cook told media today. "But there was great damage done in this case, and this does not make them whole."

So I'm guessing a civil suit is coming up, which she probably deserves to win.

Once I bought some software that had some problems. I wrote to the company telling them what I thought of it (a curmudgeon even at an early age). I'm not making this up: I got a letter back from them threatening to sue me for libel.

Back
Top Bottom