I've really felt like partying lately...........

cardude

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm not an alchy or anything so don't get worried, it's just that lately I've felt like drinking. DW and I drank two "nice" $6 bottles of Chianti last night and I had fun distracting her from her silly TV show.

What's happening to me? Maybe it's just that spring is in the air. :D

Enjoy the vino! :D
I has a case of citrus wine shipped from the Tampa area in January. I've been opening one bottle per week on average. Big party animal, huh? :rolleyes:

I has a case of citrus wine shipped from the Tampa area in January. I've been opening one bottle per week on average. Big party animal, huh? :rolleyes:

I've never heard of citrus wine but thanks for the mention. I will have to try it when I am in FL.

I think the OP is suffering from spring fever! A well-documented symptom of emergence from the doldrums of winter.

I must admit since it's been warmer, I've grabbed a brewski instead of a glass of tea before I do my patio sittin'.

I had fun distracting her from her silly TV show.

We don't want to know about that, right?

Here ya go... Tropical Fruit Wine Citrus Wine Tropical Mango Wine Key Lime Wine
It is very refreshing and best served chilled.

I've noticed that a lot of the NY Finger Lakes Wineries are adding more fruit to their wines lately. Hazlitt Winery makes a wonderful berry flavored wine called Red Cat.

Well, I will just have to investigate the Finger Lakes wineries a bit more as I am toying with the idea of going to Ontario for the Shaw Festival for a couple of days this summer. I love upstate NY as I spent a lot of time there in the summer as a kid with my parents and sister. Mom and I went to Chautauqua for a stay once, and we used to spend a week or so at Lake George every couple of years. I remember Keuka Lake particularly for whatever reason.

I'm not an alchy or anything so don't get worried, it's just that lately I've felt like drinking. DW and I drank two "nice" $6 bottles of Chianti last night and I had fun distracting her from her silly TV show.

Man! One bottle each? As I remember, you are a Berkshire Hathaway shareholder, so could your giddiness have anything to do with the up movement of that stock? Come on now, admit it. :dance:

I also have shares of BRK and for a while wondered if it was ever going to move up to join the market. I began to ponder if buying BK was a smart move, and I have less than 5% of my portfolio in it.

Just to think if more and more people are feeling like you. Buy, buy, buy... And I mean more than stocks... Cars, RV, houses, 8-ft wide TV (I assume that they make one and if not, why not?) , vacations, boats, ...

Buy, buy, buy... Heh heh heh...

You got out of the car business.....that's ALWAYS a reason to celebrate........:D

A bottle a week? That's not even a good buzz!! :LOL:

Wait a minute! Are you saying that my elevated mood is just due to some stock in my portfolio going up? Am I really that shallow? :LOL: I did notice in another post that Nords recently checked into a fancy hotel for no obvious reason, then commented on Berkshire's share price in the next sentence. Hmmmmmm.

OK, Berkshire's elevated price may be part of it, which is kind of sad. I'm blaming the rest on spring fever. I've been out working in the yard planting stuff and building a patio by the pool. Soaking up those rays!

I did notice in another post that Nords recently checked into a fancy hotel for no obvious reason, then commented on Berkshire's share price in the next sentence. Hmmmmmm.
OK, Berkshire's elevated price may be part of it, which is kind of sad.
Oh, it's worse than that.

The recent 50:1 split makes it much easier to sell covered-call options contracts on a small portion of the portfolio-- the portion I'd be happy to sell to rebalance anyway.

So this entire hedonistic little vacation has been more than paid for by the unbudgeted income of the premium we collected last month. Call it the "Berkshire dividend"-- and the shares are still a little shy of the $85 strike.

Shallow? I wouldn't be shy to admit that I like to see my stocks going up. The altruistic in me wants to see the economy recover, to see businesses booming, to see people having their jobs back. Yes, even though I do not agree with some of the policies of the current administration.

They don't call the stock price movement a leading economic indicator for nothing. So, let's celebrate, my friend, and don't be shy about it.

Well, I will just have to investigate the Finger Lakes wineries a bit more as I am toying with the idea of going to Ontario for the Shaw Festival for a couple of days this summer. I love upstate NY as I spent a lot of time there in the summer as a kid with my parents and sister. Mom and I went to Chautauqua for a stay once, and we used to spend a week or so at Lake George every couple of years. I remember Keuka Lake particularly for whatever reason.

You remember Keuka Lake for a good reason, as the Dr, Konstantin Frank winery is there. Frank was the gawdfather of the Finger Lakes wine industry and his descendants have maintained the winery as a jewel in a lovely location. The other winery we have visited that is world class in the Finger Lakes is Hermann Weimer's winery. Puts many expensive German rieslings to shame, IMO. We have GOT to get up there again one of these days...

So far tonight I've had a beer and two glasses of wine. :D

Ahhh...danged if it ain't curing the winter time blues! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom