Seeking Advice

Space Mountain

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello All:

Here's my updated, current situation:

-42 years old, single w/girlfriend, no kids, no debt. Don't plan on having kids, either.

-Roughly 900K in investable assets all in mutual funds. (85 stock, 15 bonds) Didn't panic during economic downturn.

-40K emergency fund held in Money Market.

-House paid in full.

Would like to possibly retire in 10 years.

My self-employed career involves technology sales and am sick of the ongoing, competitive rat race.

I would like to pursue an EXISTING small business preferably with an owner that knows what he/she is doing.

My interests include sports. Can't think of anything sports related to pursue which would be worthwhile.

My ideal situation would be to make an initial capital investment and learn from the current owner.

I need change!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Any opinions/suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Space Mountain

Hello All:

Here's my updated, current situation:

-42 years old, single w/girlfriend, no kids, no debt. Don't plan on having kids, either.

-Roughly 900K in investable assets all in mutual funds. (85 stock, 15 bonds) Didn't panic during economic downturn.

-40K emergency fund held in Money Market.

-House paid in full.

Would like to possibly retire in 10 years.

My self-employed career involves technology sales and am sick of the ongoing, competitive rat race.

I would like to pursue an EXISTING small business preferably with an owner that knows what he/she is doing.

My interests include sports. Can't think of anything sports related to pursue which would be worthwhile.

My ideal situation would be to make an initial capital investment and learn from the current owner.

I need change!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Any opinions/suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Space Mountain

If you just worked less hard in the current business, would that not work?

Any business related to a personal interest, be it sports or the arts, is likely to have minimal or even negative margins.

If you want to make money for reduced effort, think in the opposite direction, something no-one gets into for the fun of it...maybe the death business

If you want to get away from brainless owners, I guess you need to become the principle. buy a franchise?

What about some area of sports technology?

What is the girlfriend's plan regarding kids?

Back
Top Bottom