Easter Island

WanderALot

Full time employment: Posting here.
Has anyone been to Easter Island? We might get a chance to go using miles, but the catch is that we have to go for 5 days. We'll be in Chile at the time so thought it might be a great opportunity to save on an otherwise expensive flight.

I've googled this to no end and most say that there's a lot to do, but of most of this is to soak up the "mystical place".
How was snorkeling there?

Never been there, however I would be curious as to how you would fill 5 days as 5 days can seem forever if there is not a lot to do. I know people will say you can read a book blah, blah, blah but you can also read a book at home where it is a lot cheaper.

Haven't Been there myself but here are some travel guides...

Easter Island travel guide - Wikitravel

Easter Island Travel Guide - VirtualTourist

Things to Do in Easter Island - Easter Island Attractions - TripAdvisor

img_easter_island.jpg

Thanks for the replies, DM and MB.

Never been there, however I would be curious as to how you would fill 5 days as 5 days can seem forever if there is not a lot to do. I know people will say you can read a book blah, blah, blah but you can also read a book at home where it is a lot cheaper.

I guess that was the crux of my question. Most of the people who say that 4 days is a minimum amount of time are rather vague about what they during that time except for "soak up the mystical atmosphere". I love interesting, weird places, but am not interested in laying on the beach for extended periods of time.

We are actually have a bit of trouble finding seats since there's a total eclipse around the time we were planning and a lot of things are booked solid so it might a moot point.

Back
Top Bottom