Reefer Door Bins

Pete

Recycles dryer sheets
I need new reefer door bins for my Kenmore reefer. I think Whirlpool made it for them. The part numbers are the same. They want 40 to 50 bucks for just one. I heard you can get them for much less at an appliance recycling center. Anyone have any experience at this?

Good luck with that. Haven't had much luck getting used appliance bits that match and fit and are cheap enough to be worth the search. Oven elements, burners, washing machine motors, yes, plastic parts, no. DO take the broken part with you to be sure you get what you need - if you can find it. Talking about going to used appliance/appliance repair stores, not aware of online/Amazon type sources.

I needed a door bin for a small refrigerator, 4 CUFT? Kenmore model bought from Sears. Got the part through Sears parts but cost $20 and this is a small unit. I would guess that these would be the first thing to go at a recycler, like driver doors at car junk yards.

I guess I meant refer not reefer. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when they open this thread. thanks for the help

I guess I meant refer not reefer. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when they open this thread. thanks for the help
Thanks for this post....I thought I was losing what little mind I have left as I didn't know Kenmore was ever involved. :angel:

You did mean refer, which is what you wrote originally. I was the one who changed the thread title, as I sometimes do when it appears there is a typo, since posters can't edit thread titles once they are posted.

In my experience, reefer is shorthand for refrigerator (that's what we called them in the Navy) rather than refer. I apologize for the confusion.

Thought a reefer was that to which you did refer.

Reefer is correct (though it may still be disappointing to some).

Refrigerator car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A refrigerator car (or "reefer") is a refrigerated boxcar (US) , a piece of railroad rolling stock designed to carry perishable freight at specific temperatures.

220px-Art2471940.jpg

-ERD50

I had a pretty good idea of what was meant, since that is the only type of "reefer" that I know of that has door bins. :blush:

If we're talking about refrigerators, consider improvising something. I didn't like the doors on one of the door shelves, removed them and installed a stretchable cord across the shelf. It's worked for 10 years.

Reefer is correct (though it may still be disappointing to some).

Refrigerator car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-Art2471940.jpg

-ERD50

That was my first thought, the kind that go directly from truck or train onto ships. If I understood correctly, Brewer tells us shipping looks good these days, positive sign for the market? Let's see, if people are buying reefer doors, should I plop some of that money market cash into equities today? Or maybe pull a cold one from the reefer, or....

Reefer? This thread is like out there, man.........it is like toally awesome! hey man, now I got the munchies............got anything we can munch on, man?? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom