Colorado River Rafting

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW & I just booked a 8 day rafting trip in August on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. Should be interesting. We are kayakers although I prefer calmer bay waters, we raft the American River and have done the Ocoee in TN and the Kicking Horse River in BC Canada. But the Colorado is regarded as 'the big one' so this should be interesting.

Anyone done this trip and offer some advice or insights?

Oooo - one of my fantasy trips - looking forward to the post responses and your adventures!

Hi, Congradulations on booking the trip of a lifetime. The outfitter will have a very comprehensive list of items for you to pack, but one item I have found very useful (which most outfitters do not have on their list) is a sarong. It can be used as a towel, a sun shade, a wet cooling rag, a changing room and a convient dress or skirt (men or women) nice for airing out the nether areas after being soggy all day and for women easy for peeing.

[moderator edit--delete commercial link]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Learned all about sarongs earlier this year in Bali, wife loves them. I got used to them over there and I don't expect anyone will care what I look like after a long day on the river.

You should watch this movie:

51YTD1698EL._SS500_.jpg

YOURE GONNA LOVE IT! This is my favorite vacation trip. I could go on forever telling how fantastic it is, but words cannot define it. It is a spiritual experience in every sense.
I have rafted the Grand Canyon 12 times since 1980 and each trip has special memories, new adventures, etc. I met my fiance' on one of the trips and we will be married in October. We have shared four trips together.
I could describe some of our favorite spots on the trip, but would be like telling the plot of a movie. Be prepared to savor every moment.

Pic is from Havasu Canyon.

img_943333_0_39953c8995476c69b2e145e1935db6bc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom