Saying Goodbye Forum?

Or leave it open-ended. Some folks come and go without drama. I think that's good. If you need to say goodbye, then okay, but it isn't like high school where you sign everyone's yearbooks and all that. It just takes a click to leave, a click to return.

Most people don't say goodbye officially, I would wager--they just fade away as other interests in their lives become more important or changes take place and their posting rate slows. Or their retirement gets crushed by the economy.

Why not use the same forum? It would be simple to say "Hi, I am..." Gone. :greetings10:

Good idea - change the "Hi, I am..." forum to something like: "Hello and Goodbye". Someone can come up with a better title.

Or leave it open-ended. Some folks come and go without drama. I think that's good. If you need to say goodbye, then okay, but it isn't like high school where you sign everyone's yearbooks and all that. It just takes a click to leave, a click to return.

But it can be sooo apealing to upload some guilt with passive, vaguely existential complaints. As if ER.org was supposed to provide a reason for contentment.

Ha

Too morbid--remember Dex, there are some pssssst....people over 40 on here...or so I've heard. ;) Goodbye might be the dirt nap we're all waiting for.

And Ha, yes, there's always that. :)

Good idea - change the "Hi, I am..." forum to something like: "Hello and Goodbye". Someone can come up with a better title.

Here's an idea...:whistle:

Attachments

• IN-N-OUT%20Logo.gif
    IN-N-OUT%20Logo.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 241
I'm gone too! Well, for the afternoon. Going to play golf in the frigging heat. But when I return, I will say hi. Probably with a $hit eating grin on my face as it will be after a visit to the 19th hole.:greetings10:

We could make it automatic. If you don't post for two weeks, the forum software automatically posts:

"Hi. I'm dead, ticked off, or busy. CU"​

We might get a few good-bye's like from that SEC lawyer. Could probably do without that. On the other hand we did learn some new words.

We might get a few good-bye's like from that SEC lawyer....On the other hand we did learn some new words.

See, everyone has something to offer...:whistle:

Like the infamous sign over the tavern door:

"EVERYONE WHO PASSES THROUGH THIS DOOR BRINGS US PLEASURE.
MOST WHEN THEY ENTER
SOME WHEN THEY LEAVE"

Dang, an SEC lawyer came in and out and I missed it? Sheesh! All the cool stuff happened while I was gone!

Yeah, a bunch of folks tried to get me banned from the board..but it didn't work..............:greetings10::LOL:

As if, FD, as if. You are way too smart to work for the SEC. Heck, my new dog Biscuit is, too, if the peeps I've seen are any indication. ;)

Don't really have much to say. Just working on getting my post count up higher so perhaps my opinion can count for a little more. Everyone has to have goals. Aim high my dad always said. :LOL:

Okay, goodbye for now.

Don't really have much to say. Just working on getting my post count up higher so perhaps my opinion can count for a little more. Everyone has to have goals. Aim high my dad always said. :LOL:

I've got a pretty good post count, but my opinion rarely attracts much attention. Of course I rarely give an opinion. :blush:

Got a nice summer afternoon shower just a little bit ago. Only problem, I was playing golf. I'm sticking to morning golf, never fails when I play in the afternoon that I run into a storm. But we needed the rain.:)

I've got a pretty good post count, but my opinion rarely attracts much attention. Of course I rarely give an opinion. :blush:
I would disagree. Everytime you say it's time for meds, I head to the refrigerator.

Ha

But it can be sooo apealing to upload some guilt with passive, vaguely existential complaints. As if ER.org was supposed to provide a reason for contentment.

Ha

I like it when people say goodbye and I am fine with their existential complaints. I have my own. And if you left without saying goodbye I'd worry about you. It might not be real life but it is close. If you lived down the road I would visit you once in a while.

I like it when people say goodbye and I am fine with their existential complaints. I have my own. And if you left without saying goodbye I'd worry about you. It might not be real life but it is close. If you lived down the road I would visit you once in a while.

Martha, how sweet! You would always be welcome to visit me. I would even help you find a place to park your wooly mammoth.

Ha

Martha - please be sure to come by and visit me when you are in the neighborhood.

Of course I'm not planning on leaving the forum any time soon.....

Audrey

I think less drama is better.

If I want drama, I can go to a meeting at w*rk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom