Costco/Capital One Savings account

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have been seeing ads for the Capital One Interestplus saving account in various Costco publication for many months.

I have more cash than normal. (Since one of muni bonds was called years early grumble.)

The ads claim it pays 1.40% plus 10% bonus interest if you keep 15K in the account for a quarter, and $60 bonus for Costco.

It is more than a little depressing to get excited about 1.5+% interest but has anyone taken advantage of this offer? Any catches?

We've had Costco CapOne Money Market and Savings accounts since 3/31/2005. Went with them for the solid ratings and high interest. The gal has had the Costco Interest Plus account since 1/2010, got the $60 and is getting the 10% bonus - it's paid quarterly. She's going with paperless statements and earning some tiny extra amount - not worth it to me because i like the continuity of paper that all matches (all accounts the same size and color and logo).

Depending on your future intent, you may want to consider Alliant Credit
Union. 1.50% savings (sl. less than Costco w/ 10% extra), no signup bonus,
you might have to join a local PTA to be eligible ($5-15 or so). Main advantage is you don't have that 15K min barrier......there may be some minimum :confused: but if there is, it wouldn't be > $100 and there might not be one at all.

I have a capital one savings account and haven't run into any catches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom