Dow / s&p

Florida

Recycles dryer sheets
Okay ............ so where we going now 8200 on the DOW?
that will mean a lower S&P as well.

Gold will stay up there.

Whata ya tink

Whata ya tink

I think that Equities depend upon better earnings, Currencies upon a weaker U.S. economy, Commodities on a stronger economy, Bonds on deflation, and Gold on inflation and instability. My signature lines should help guide your decision(s) as they do mine.

Okay ............ so where we going now 8200 on the DOW?
that will mean a lower S&P as well.

Gold will stay up there.

Whata ya tink

Why do you think the Dow will drop to 8200? It seems a rather precise figure.

I admire your confidence in your ability to predict the future.

As for the actual prediction, well...

I believe there was someone else predicting DOW 8400 or so earlier in the summer?
And then the person that was absolutely certain the S&P would drop 20% within a few weeks ( a year ago April or so?). Then a month, then a couple of months, then S&P 740 by the end of Oct.
None of these came to pass.
Don't get me wrong, any of these things COULD happen. But betting everything that a certain result will happen is generally a loosing proposition.
My strategy is to be well diversified, so I don't care (much) if the DOW goes up or down or when it does so.

My guess is that the US will have a non-recovery similar to Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if we are stuck in a rut for a decade or more.

We could certainly get inflation in imported goods and oil, but I really doubt we will get wage inflation, except in a few select areas (like STEM fields). Also, I am guessing that the politicians will want to export our way out of this by decreasing the dollar. So, I don't see the interest rate going up much at all.

My Eliot Wave has entered a death cross with my fibonacci sequence, indicating that stocks are likely either to rise or to fall sometime in the future.

I have picked up most of the pieces of my crystal ball which was attached to my views about dividends, and dropped by a black swan from 14,000 feet and came to rest on top of Haleakala at about 7800 feet. Nords found it and returned after it a grueling journey.

Sadly many pieces are missed at the cracks make it all very fuzzy but being more stubborn than wise. I believe we are in trading range between Dow 9800 and Dow 11,000 and am actually making minor portfolio corrections based on this belief . Ya'll can snigger now.

If we break out of this trading range on the upside or the downside, I don't have a clue, and have even less of an idea when it will occur.

I think I can read sophisticated financial-analysis thread-starters like these on just about every Yahoo! stock board.

My excitement is these matters usually gets going when regular season college and pro football starts.

Hmmmm? Hormones? eh? :D :greetings10:

heh heh heh - meanwhile on full auto balanced index. However expect to venture some mad money come sept/oct ish. ;)

Doom! Gloom! Doom! Gloom! Close your eyes, can't you hear the drums? I can.

I pay attention to the noises in my head...

My excitement is these matters usually gets going when regular season college and pro football starts.

Hmmmm? Hormones? eh? :D :greetings10:

heh heh heh - meanwhile on full auto balanced index. However expect to venture some mad money come sept/oct ish. ;)

Yay! He's back! :greetings10: Pssst Wellesley!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom