If you could name a Hurricane...

jIMOh

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Earl is a good name for a Hurricane... I was curious if anyone ever thought of a name for a Hurricane which was not used.

I have not seen a Hurricane James in a while LOL
here was a list
A hurricane named after you? | Hoboken411.com

For example it would be funny if they named the Hurricane God (maybe ironic is a better term than funny).

How about Hurricane Ghandi.

Any other names they need to consider?

How about - Furiosa! That would be a good name. Don't know if it is a real name though.

My name was retired in the 1950s, I think.

Audrey

Dunno, but I always said that if I ever owned a racehorse I would name it Nad. I can hear the degenerate gamblers in the stands now: "Go Nad! Go Nad!"

Actually, you can apparently have a European windstorm named after you. A year or two ago Windstorm Kyril (sp?) did a lot of damage and one of the reinsurers I own a chunk of mentioned that the name rights were apparently bought by the family of a Hungarian dude who had passed away. Seems like an odd way to memorialize someone, but...

AudreyH1 (Perfect for the Hurricane #1!)
BBBAmI
CalifDreamer
Dex

AudreyH1 (Perfect for the Hurricane #1!)
BBBAmI
CalifDreamer
Dex
:D.....I love it Al!

Looking at the names, they really got close to my first name....Tony and Tanya....

....now people will wonder if I'm male or female...:whistle:

The juvenile in me would like to see one named "cornholio" after Beavis' alter ego..

How about Hurricane Khan??

Me thinks it's time for a Hurricane Party! Lots of good storm songs out there to provide a soundtrack. Yeah, you guys know how Hurricane Purron always loves a musical theme:D

Even though W2R's a teetotaler, I put her in charge of mixing up the Hurricanes. Hey, she's from New Orleans. Say no more:cool:

YouTube - The Doors - Riders On The Storm (Music video)

The juvenile in me would like to see one named "cornholio" after Beavis' alter ego..

Would love to see the news anchors talk about that one with a straight face.

Even though W2R's a teetotaler, I put her in charge of mixing up the Hurricanes. Hey, she's from New Orleans. Say no more:cool:

Yeah, but, but, but.... I don't drink! :2funny: And I wouldn't have the slightest clue about mixing even the simplest of drinks. Oh well!! Maybe UncleMick can take over bartending duties. :D

Yeah, but, but, but.... I don't drink! :2funny: And I wouldn't have the slightest clue about mixing even the simplest of drinks. Oh well!! Maybe UncleMick can take over bartending duties. :D

Yeah, I know you don't drink W2R. You just got somethin' special in your soul. Plus, you need a sober person to mix up the beverages right. We'll get ya a recipe book:flowers:

Yeah, I know you don't drink W2R. You just got somethin' special in your soul. Plus, you need a sober person to mix up the beverages right. We'll get ya a recipe book:flowers:

OK!! I can follow recipes. Besides, I won't have to drink them. :D :cool:

If the devil is coming, a friend suggested hurricane Lucifer. Thought that was creative...

That’s easy ... Hurricane Leila. Our 18 month old granddaughter. At least that’s the name she got after spending a 4 day weekend with us while her parents were off at a wedding.

She is most dear to my heart, but after she left the house looked, and we felt, like a hurricane had just passed thru. And she’s coming back in October for another long weekend.

One of my friends refers to his xwife as the Plaintiff. Cracks us up when he does.

I'm married to a meteorologist, and we've always referred to our kid as "Hurricane [her name here]". One day it occurred to us to look up that hurricane, and it turned out to be so horribly & unpredictably destructive that they retired the name.

When she got old enough to understand our joke, she Googled the phrase and was highly insulted. Worked like a charm...

I think it's a lot easier to name your kids from the hurricane lists (and much more appropriate) than to have to search through those 10,000-name baby books.

How about Goneril or Regan? Or maybe Jezebel or Salome? I remember some scary female names from my favorite BBC production too: Livia, Drusilla and Agrippina. Or...Medusa!

Back
Top Bottom