Inside Vanguard on Fox

Onward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
FYI, Fox Business News is doing an "Inside Vanguard" feature today between 11am and 2pm ET. They are broadcasting from inside VG HQ, and are interviewing VG execs and traders.

They're interviewing the VG head of trading now.

So Vanguard has been colonized by the nutball wing of the Republican party? Will they start up a "masturbation-free" index fund?

I am a Vanguard client and usually pay attention to Vanguard related news but I an not interested in anything Fox news has to say

I am a Vanguard client and usually pay attention to Vanguard related news but I an not interested in anything Fox news has to say
Don't confuse FBN with FNC or any other Fox networks. Same company - different views.

All I need is Rupert Murdoch telling me what to think about Vanguard.

All these negative comments about FOX. Damn, it makes me have hope for the future!

Folks, this thread is about Vanguard, not about Fox and the original post in the thread had nothing to do with politics. Please refrain from hijacking the thread with political potshots.

Thank you.

Last edited:

But... How do you know what to be afraid of?
scared0016.gif

The interviews turned out to be almost worthless, IMO. All they asked the execs about was their opinion on valuations and market direction. Strange things to be asking Vanguard people about. :blush:

It was interesting to see their trading floors, though. Very sedate.

The interviews turned out to be almost worthless, IMO. All they asked the execs about was their opinion on valuations and market direction. Strange things to be asking Vanguard people about.
Yeah, that doesn't seem like "Vanguarding" to me. That sounds more like something you'd see on some hype show on CNBC.

The interviews turned out to be almost worthless, IMO. All they asked the execs about was their opinion on valuations and market direction. Strange things to be asking Vanguard people about. :blush:

It was interesting to see their trading floors, though. Very sedate.

While I would agree that Fox Business is generally not overtly political when they do their business coverage stuff, their material is generally, um, light, at least compared to Bloomberg (and even CNBC, if you can believe that). Your description of the interview does not surprise me. I generally only watch Fox Business when I want to see a few minutes of Dave Ramsey's schtick.

Fox Business canceled Dave Ramsey a few months ago.

I like Liz Klamen's interviews on FBN. I saw a little of the Vanguard thing today and it was Dagen McDowell who I also like. Here's one of the videos -
http://video.foxbusiness.com/#/v/43...stment-will-drive-economy-/?playlist_id=87185

Dagan used to be on another FBN show that I looked forward to every Saturday morning. It was Your Questions, Your Money. That one was canceled in May, 2010.

Gus Sauter-CIO

In Gus I Trus........man he still looks young. Not sure why he was referred to as "head of trading",

"Head of trading" I referred to wasn't Gus. It was another guy. I tuned in late to the interview. His full title might have been "head of fixed-income trading." Not sure.

He came off as really slick and polished (red flag #1). He touted actively-managed funds (red flag #2). The Bogle era at VG is indeed over.

Quote: "He came off as really slick and polished (red flag #1). He touted actively-managed funds (red flag #2). The Bogle era at VG is indeed over."

That is really sad.

Quote: "He came off as really slick and polished (red flag #1). He touted actively-managed funds (red flag #2). The Bogle era at VG is indeed over."

That is really sad.

I don't think so. Some lamented the end of old Coke when new Coke was introduced.

OK, but Vanguard does have managed funds, so why wouldn't their execs have opinions on valuations and market direction.

Not trading perhaps but I would enjoy an explanation of how they 'track' indexes when they can't buy every stock or bond in said index via '?sampling?' if that's the proper word.

Not a FOX fan either - but I do watch FOX sports if it's something I'm interested in.

Sports, trading, hormones, - hmmmm:confused: :ROFLMAO: :nonono: :greetings10:

heh heh heh - only a few good stocks and Saint's games mostly - once in a while. ;).

OK, but Vanguard does have managed funds, so why wouldn't their execs have opinions on valuations and market direction.
In the spirit of my original question, I guess that would lead to another:
"Why the #$%^ does Vanguard need managed funds?!?"

I'd really like to know what inspired FOX to visit. I wonder how much of it came from the advertising/marketing decisions of both sides of the interview...

"Head of trading" I referred to wasn't Gus. It was another guy. I tuned in late to the interview. His full title might have been "head of fixed-income trading." Not sure.

He came off as really slick and polished (red flag #1). He touted actively-managed funds (red flag #2). The Bogle era at VG is indeed over.

Hmmm, lets put it this way. If he was the head of FI trading, he needs to be someone really, really sharp and good and he has good reasons for not liking bond index funds (they leave a lot to be desired in many cases). Cut VG a break on this one, so long as they have the appropriate controls in place.

I'd really like to know what inspired FOX to visit. I wonder how much of it came from the advertising/marketing decisions of both sides of the interview...

It was wierd to see the wall monitors in the room all set to the FB channel.

Back
Top Bottom