Wall Street Journal?

MovingtotheCove

Recycles dryer sheets
Just curious...someone asked me today if anyone subscribes to this anymore or reads the print version? I replied that with on line financial news, RSS feeds, mobile web, cable TV, etc. I really didn't know. Local papers still have relavance and when travelling I believe USA Today still is relevant but as far as the print edition of the WSJ vs. other sources or the online WSJ it wasn't something I had come to look at for quite some time after having a subscription for many years. Any comments?

I just dropped my subscription after 28(ish) years. Rupert doubled the price to subscribe. $396/yr IIRC. That used to be for 2 years. I knew a bump was coming when they added Saturday. Then they addded FASHION insert on the Saturday. WTH:confused: I'm taking fashion advice from the WSJ? Um, no. I take fashion advice from Mrs Scrapr.

I loved reading the WSJ in the evening with a baseball game on. I check the online version a couple vtimes a week. Not the same.

I have an active subscription until 2012. You know there's always at least one in the crowd.:rolleyes:

By the way, I read USA Today every day on the net.

I never paid for the WSJ*. They would give out free subscriptions from time to time that we would take advantage of. Otherwise, I would read the articles on the web.

*Except for the 3 issues that I was quoted in.

I have had an online subscription for many years (currently $103 per year). I like their portfolio tracker. I have it set up to export closing prices of my holdings to automatically update my spreadsheet.

Back
Top Bottom