Over 52? Then you're probably grumpy

MasterBlaster

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
They say it likes it's a bad thing !

LONDON (Reuters Life!) – Britons find being older than 52 is nothing to laugh about because that's the age when they start becoming grumpy, according to a survey on Friday.
The poll of 2,000 Britons found those over 50 laughed far less than their younger counterparts and complained far more.
While infants laughed up to 300 times a day, that figure had fallen to an average of six laughs by teenage years and only 2.5 daily chuckles for those over 60, the survey for cable TV channel Dave found.
Men were also found to be grumpier than women.
One reason for the decline in mirth might be the lack of joke-telling skills. The study found the average Briton only knows two jokes.

PAH!! - stupid report :mad:

You kids get off my lawn!

I know way more than two jokes, but most aren't fit for decent people.

Which is okay; I don't know any...

I love jokes....even stupid ones. Here's one of my fav's:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 9.

"And the crowd roared with laughter...."

Last edited:
Just promise me you won't be here all week, Silver....bar-ump-dump goes the drum roll!

Making age an excuse for the personal choice to be grumpy is no worse than blaming it on being "An Introvert," the main excuse I hear at work for someone who chooses to be unfriendly. Some people act like being in a good humor costs them an immense effort and must be parceled out carefully to a chosen few.

Amethyst

Pure drivel.

Had the best and most laughs after retirement @59 1/2 then the previous 15 years.

Making age an excuse for the personal choice to be grumpy is no worse than blaming it on being "An Introvert," the main excuse I hear at work for someone who chooses to be unfriendly. Some people act like being in a good humor costs them an immense effort and must be parceled out carefully to a chosen few.

Amethyst
Eh....I think some folks were just weaned on a pickle...

Back
Top Bottom