When did retirement finances become so disconnected with real finances?

Some ludicous number is this article. Surely retirement is just a dream for 99% of us

The two key aspect are below:
1. Advisor - scare you to pay them
2. $100K/yr for one person now for retirement

Usual 'fear' article to get you to read the advise.
Not worth your time.

"William Wixon, owner of Wixon Advisors, advises many Minnesota clients to plan for a retirement of 30 to 35 years. How can they make their money last that long, or longer? Let's say you're 65 years old, want to retire now, and expect to need $100,000 annual income in retirement. You'll need to adjust that $100,000 to rise with inflation because, as Wixon says, "What's a loaf of bread going to cost in 30 years?Maybe nine bucks." Here are some options for you, with pros and cons."

The two key aspect are below:
1. Advisor - scare you to pay them
2. $100K/yr for one person now for retirement

Usual 'fear' article to get you to read the advise.
Not worth your time.

"William Wixon, owner of Wixon Advisors, advises many Minnesota clients to plan for a retirement of 30 to 35 years. How can they make their money last that long, or longer? Let's say you're 65 years old, want to retire now, and expect to need $100,000 annual income in retirement. You'll need to adjust that $100,000 to rise with inflation because, as Wixon says, "What's a loaf of bread going to cost in 30 years?Maybe nine bucks." Here are some options for you, with pros and cons."

Yeah, I know, but I enjoy reading them just to see the ridiculous statements and assumptions. For $100k my plan has $30k

Yeah, I know, but I enjoy reading them just to see the ridiculous statements and assumptions. For $100k my plan has $30k

Maybe his clients need $100K in retirement.......YMMV.............;)

FD is right, I know of some that require nearly double that figure a year.
Not us types of folks, but they are out there and they have it saved. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom