Update on my pending RE

29 work days left for me, but it'll stay at 29 for almost 2 weeks.

If there's a military veteran near your office, about 10 seconds...
Nords, I had a real surprise on Veteran's day. We were having our annual Department Dinner which included ~50 couples and listening to the normal Mega-corp blather about performance etc. when someone decided to give a shout out to Veterans. He asked the Veterans to stand up and be recognized.......and I was the only one standing. My wife pointed out later that I was probably the oldest person in attendance as well. I was very surprised to be the only Veteran in the crowd.
Maybe no one will ask about the "two-digit midget".

Congratulations RunningBum. Your last day is end of January?
Feb 15. I counted only working days, not weekends, holidays or vacation. Officially it's March 15 but I'm getting a month on the payroll without working, so I guess there's actually going to be one more work day when I actually go turn in my laptop and badge.

I was hoping that I would not have to be bothered with setting goals again this year but guess again.....I have to write goals for my discipline group and then this will be cascaded down and used in their individual goals. Of course the goals have to be aligned with the VP goals, and the Site GM, and the Department Manager etc. What fun I'm having for the last time....NOT :rolleyes:
So far I don't intend to write "my personal goals" but I might have to actually write them for my replacement. That will be interesting. I told him that he will "walk on water" this year if I have to write his goals.:LOL:

On top of all that, it is becoming obvious that there is concern about draining 33+ years of experience from me to be absorbed by my replacement. I sense another spreadsheet coming.:facepalm: and I might not be able to avoid it. :nonono: :LOL:

i just finished attending my last departmental retreat... :)

Here's how I'm going out:

Attachments

• Dilbert.bmp
    355.8 KB · Views: 86
I was hoping that I would not have to be bothered with setting goals again this year but guess again.....I have to write goals for my discipline group and then this will be cascaded down and used in their individual goals. Of course the goals have to be aligned with the VP goals, and the Site GM, and the Department Manager etc. What fun I'm having for the last time....NOT :rolleyes:
Can you prorate the cascading goals by the ratios between their salaries and the VP's salary?

That'd "normalize" the effort/$$ goal across the entire company!

Can you prorate the cascading goals by the ratios between their salaries and the VP's salary?

That'd "normalize" the effort/$$ goal across the entire company!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
The first one that sends me a spreadsheet for that one I promise I'll use it for the good of all the fine w**king people that I leave behind there.
By the way, I got the word today that I have to have an "explicit documented transition". I wonder if that would have to include proper grammar too?:LOL::LOL::LOL: What fun.

Ah, its these threads which remind me why I retired. Sorry, but thanks for brightening my day.:D

Ah, its these threads which remind me why I retired. Sorry, but thanks for brightening my day.:D

Agreed - brings back memories of my last performance review after I'd notified boss that I was retiring. He still insisted on going over "areas needing improvement" and "future action items". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Agreed - brings back memories of my last performance review after I'd notified boss that I was retiring. He still insisted on going over "areas needing improvement" and "future action items". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funny! I told my boss that he needn't waste his time. Thankfully, he listened.

"areas needing improvement" - improve communication at all levels.... I'm retiring, my last day is X. Is that clear and concise enough boss? :cool:

"future action items" - update 360 feedback with examples of how I wasted my time, can the performance review for retirees be streamlined to not waste my valuable time? I have some web surfing to complete before going home. :greetings10:

Agreed - "areas needing improvement" and "future action items". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad to provide the service flyfish. It is good to hear from people who have "been there, done that". I find it amusing now and I know when I read about others going through it later, I'll see it the way you do too.
Now let me get back to my spreadsheet titled "Explicit Transition 2011":D

sometimes they just don't get it... do they?

I've just been asked to spend four unpaid hours from 5 to 9 pm on visioning for an initiative that will not take place until after my departure. Duh!

Don't you have a previous commitment that prevents you from attending?? Like retirement..

Ok, with 52 days to go it's time for an update.
Today I mailed off my "paperwork" in order to collect my pension and set up the benefits. That might not sound like much but there was a bit of anxiety when the mail box closed. It lasted about 2 seconds as I walked back to the house.
Things are really going well as I am preparing all of my "w**k" for handoff.
There were a couple of things that I was anxious about and they have worked out in my favor so my attitude is still good. I will be training my replacement starting next week. I will slowly start backing out of the front line and eventually just be an observer. Right about that time I might just come in late and leave early each day.
I figure it comes with the position. :cool:

Right about that time I might just come in late and leave early each day.
I figure it comes with the position. :cool:
52 days left and you're already starting with the "Whadda they gonna do, force me to retire?!?" attitude?

That sounds about right. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom