YouTube Download and playback software

There is a Firefox add-on that does a good job of that. I think it's called download helper

Ha,

I don't know if you are still looking but I came across this YouTube downloader today:

Cucusoft YouTube Mate (Downloader + Player + Converter, all in one)

It is Free but has a Upgrade with more "Save" features for $25.

I never did get it figured out. I was able to download, but my goal was to gain control similar to the control of a DVD playback-slo-mo, pause and single step, etc. I guess I could do this if I edited the You-Tube snippets into a DVD but I never got this far.

I have several Argentine DVDs that my dancepartner and I can use on her Mac to deconstruct and learn complex step sequences.

Ha

Interesting. I was playing youtube videos on my TV via AppleTV today, and I noticed that with the AppleTV remote I could slow mo forward and backward, and maybe I was even stepping frame by frame at one point (after I had put the video on pause).

Audrey

Interesting. I was playing youtube videos on my TV via AppleTV today, and I noticed that with the AppleTV remote I could slow mo forward and backward, and maybe I was even stepping frame by frame at one point (after I had put the video on pause).
Audrey

Audrey, freeze frame is not that critical. Can you also slo-mo a Youtube video on right on your Mac? What is Apple TV, and does it have its own remote?

Ha

Ha, I'll ask the girl in my hoop class tonight about that. She takes youtube videos of tricky hoop techniques and do a slo mo of them to learn new stuff. She is the one who told me to use Realplayer to download our videos so we could cut them and do editing from the recital.

Audrey, freeze frame is not that critical. Can you also slo-mo a Youtube video on right on your Mac? What is Apple TV, and does it have its own remote?

Ha
Not on my Mac because I'm watching youtube video on a web browser and those players don't seem to provide that capability. But yes, the Apple TV has it's own remote with a pause/play button, a menu button, and a circular control with left, right, up, down and center button. Kind of like what you get on an iPod (but no circular control), and the menu button is extra. Apple TV - Apple Store (U.S.)

We have ours connected directly to ethernet, but I it must also work off wifi. And you plug it into your TV receiver or whatever is controls your TV sources. It's more for watching/renting movies from the internet or playing music. But I happened to notice when watching one of my youtube telenovelas, that after pressing pause, the left and right arrows would give you three speeds of slow motion forwards or backwards, and then you can hit pause again to freeze the frame.

This might be an overkill solution, but it does do let you view videos very slowly and pause after each few frames.

It would be easier to find a Mac player software that will mimic this behavior if such a thing exists. Whether such software exists is the burning question!

Audrey

There are a couple of Firefox add-ons and at least one of them (Easy Youtube Video downloader I think) allows one to save the video in several formats. Once in a WMV format you should be able to use all the facilities of Windows Media Player or Nero to view the video.

Once in a WMV format you should be able to use all the facilities of Windows Media Player or Nero to view the video.

How do you activate "Slow-motion, forward/reverse" in Media Player? Or even simply "Reverse"?

How do you activate "Slow-motion, forward/reverse" in Media Player? Or even simply "Reverse"?
You're right they apparently don't exist (a stupid assumption on my part). I rarely use media player usually use Nero and even there I don't know all the capabilities. There has to be a player that can do those things once the file is in the correct format. That Firefox add-on allows saving in about 4 or 5 different formats.

Back
Top Bottom