Poll About Captain Honors Poll

When I voted in the Captain Honors Poll, I had

• Seen the video that it referred to.

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Not seen the video that it referred to.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I,ll go first. I had not seen anything other than what was broadcast on Network TV but then I voted "Other - need more data."

I'm not going to waste my time reviewing the video evidence-- I don't need to determine exactly how far he behind left "the line" after he crossed it.

A friend sent it to me on Sunday. Yes, it was censored, but predictably so. You won't need to guess what they are saying.

Did they really show someone sticking something up a guy's butt?

Cripe.

Sure looked like it.

Maybe I lied - I saw a shorter version with him talking about fags and griping about people that had complained about earlier incidents.

Wow, what a complete idiot. Nords was right -- This guy missed management 101 20 years ago and has been asleep ever since. But beyond that, the worst sin of that boring video was terminal silliness.

He's an idiot and it's frightening just how much he was in charge of as XO (and briefly commanding officer). What about the "Captain" and "Admiral" he keeps referring to. This looks like it was a recurring event. The language and raunchy material is offensive, but I wouldn't have called that a firing offense. The poor judgment about what is appropriate to broadcast to a small city of shipmates, that imho is the real problem. I would have suggested that applied to his superiors who must have known about this and allowed it to go on over and over again.

The guy even acknowledges multiple times that he knows it is offensive and doesn't care. Did no one in charge of a major warship have enough wisdom to know not to do this? Being able to make important decisions is an awfully big part of these jobs. I'd have pretty little confidence in his judgment after seeing this.

Back
Top Bottom