Commission Free ETFs

HatePayingTaxes

Recycles dryer sheets
I have an account with Ameritrade and they started offering commission free ETFs some months back. A lot of ETFs from Vanguard and iShares so good choices. I have 11 ETFs in my portfolio so I've been paying quite a bit when I contribute or rebalance to my acct and my wife's acct but it's free now except for the expense ratio (which is pretty low too).

I don't work for Ameritrade but wanted to share this with you. Was pretty happy when I found this out.

A lot of the brokers offer this now. I am beginning how these guys will make money if they keep cutting each others' throats.

They make money the same way they always did: by the spread on what they earn on your cash sweep account and what they pay you. I think Schwab is reported to earn a couple billion dollars a year on that.

It probably costs them more to charge a commission than not to.

WellsFargo is the king of free trades, then probably TDAmeritrade, then Vanguard, then Fidelity, then Schwab. There are probably others. I don't care if all brokers have 5000 different ETFs or funds that have free trades. I only care about free trades on the 10 to 12 ones that I want to own.

Back
Top Bottom