Cable News Stats

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I try to catch CNN, Fox, and MSNBC each night to get a sense of what's going on in the world. Look like most folks don't flip around like I do.:blush:

CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN. 20, 2011

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,918,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,079,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,786,000
FOXNEWS BECK 1,780,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,460,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,106,000
CNN PIERS 1,025,000
MSNBC MADDOW 976,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 855,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 760,000
CNN COOPER 740,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 700,000

This does not directly address the topic, but I have found that if you really want to get a sense of what's going on in the world, leave the television off. Subscribe to The Economist and read it. It comes weekly.
If you want melodrama rather than hard information, then go ahead and watch tv news.

This does not directly address the topic, but I have found that if you really want to get a sense of what's going on in the world, leave the television off.

+1

Subscribe to The Economist and read it. It comes weekly.

I use:

Google News

and the Global Edition of the NY Times:

The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

to get a quick glance at "everything" and then choose what to investigate further.

Al Jazeera is, also, a good place to look over the International scene:

AJE - Al Jazeera English

I have several other sites that I visit daily on a single subject basis -- electronic and RVing, for instance -- but "business/finance" is not on that list... that would be just toooo noisy.

+1

Al Jazeera is, also, a good place to look over the International scene:

AJE - Al Jazeera English

Good equal opportunity site. They are what cnn was intended to be in the early days, just better. I view it on on satellite with a steerable dish, Galaxy 19 Ku, Transponder 26, 97 West. Kurdistan on same satellite TP 27.

This does not directly address the topic, but I have found that if you really want to get a sense of what's going on in the world, leave the television off. Subscribe to The Economist and read it. It comes weekly.

I could not possibly agree more. I look forward with great anticipation to Saturdays, when The Economist appears in my mailbox.

I typically watch about 10 hours of television per year. DW thinks that's excessive.

I enjoy watching Thom Hartmann. He is on Free Speech TV for two hours during the day, and just recently on a one hour show in the evening at 9 PM. Very knowledgeable guy. Great channel.

Back
Top Bottom