Engineering anthem

I put all of the engineering stuff out in the garage. I am retired don't you know. However, after seeing this video I feel I need to consult my file of engineer jokes. Too cold to go out there now.

Free to canoe

I Liked the Video....

.... but I'm an engineer. I checked out several other youtube videos by onlywon (only won?) the Lyrical Engineer. Thought the videos were pretty cool. Not Lady Gaga... but still pretty cool.

Watching the Lyrical Engineer video made me think of something I saw last year on youtube - search for The Worlds Most Interesting Intern. The videos didn't go viral but the first one

YouTube - I Am The World's Most Interesting Intern

spawned several more - some from the original Worlds Most Interesting Intern and some from wannabe's or those who felt they could one-up WMII. Watch this one too - it's surprising how quickly the homemade videos became much more polished.
YouTube - Flip Like We Do

I absolutely loathe the "Billionaire" song; this is much better :)

(Gosh, being an intern sounds much more fun than it was back in my intern days!)

Amethyst

Is that a viola he's strumming? I don't think that's allowed.
You'd think Bruno Mars would've been able to loan him an ukulele. Or at least teach him how to simulate chord changes...

I particularly liked the yellow geekmobile he drives.

Okay, I like them. However, I am not sure I can still can myself an engineer. I have turned over my remaining 2 slide rules to my son several years ago. He will probably display them as some sort of relic from the dark ages.

I have turned over my remaining 2 slide rules to my son several years ago. He will probably display them as some sort of relic from the dark ages.
I'm going to have to see what my father/grandfather's slide rules would fetch on eBay...

No more pencils, no more books, no more Maxwell's dirty looks...:whistle:

I will never again touch any physics or engineering thing that was remotely associated with w*rk, but I will always be an analyzer of systems, a seat-of-the-pants designer, a back of the envelope math nut, and a process/failure troubleshooter.

I think my mini-vineyard is in BIG trouble in the spring when I do the first major pruning since I planted them 2 years ago! :LOL:

Picture is from summer 2009.

Attachments

• Summer09 002.jpg
    Summer09 002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Gosh, I can't understand why this hasn't immediately gone viral!

Hey, it's not doing badly. It was at 10,000 views on Sunday and now (on Tuesday), it's already up to 56,000! :whistle:

omni

Hey, it's not doing badly. It was at 10,000 views on Sunday and now (on Tuesday), it's already up to 56,000! :whistle:
That's because on Sunday afternoon I e-mailed it to my daughter, who's studying engineering at a notoriously geeky engineering college...

That's because on Sunday afternoon I e-mailed it to my daughter, who's studying engineering at a notoriously geeky engineering college...

Wow...she must have a lot of geeky friends...'cause it's up to 118,000 views as of Wednesday morning! :ROFLMAO:

omni

Back
Top Bottom