Fashion tips for old farts

zedd

Full time employment: Posting here.
swiped from
Fashion tips for old farts [Archive] - Real Police: Law Enforcement,Police Officer,Criminal Justice,Background Checks website...

Many of us "Old Folks" are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We are unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to be nice and conform to the fashions that the designers in NYC, California, and/or Paris inflict upon the world.
Therefore, I've made a sincere study of the situation and here are the results. I don't want to burst your bubble, but despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should, thus, be avoided.

1. A nose ring and bifocals

2. Spiked hair and bald spots

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedo's and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Bikinis and liver spots

11. Short shorts and varicose veins

12. In-line skates and a walker

Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop

More fashion tips for retirees !

slob1.jpg

lookbook060605_330.jpg

Shirt unbuttoned to the shoelaces -ala Tom Jones, 52 waist size.

swiped from
Fashion tips for old farts [Archive] - Real Police: Law Enforcement,Police Officer,Criminal Justice,Background Checks website...

Many of us "Old Folks" are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We are unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to be nice and conform to the fashions that the designers in NYC, California, and/or Paris inflict upon the world.
Therefore, I've made a sincere study of the situation and here are the results. I don't want to burst your bubble, but despite what you may have seen on the streets, the following combinations DO NOT go together and should, thus, be avoided.

..etc..

It's not a "bald spot". It's a reverse mohawk..

Sport sunglasses and a [-]barcode[-] comb-over.

R

How about for faddish trends "If you remember it the first time around, you are too old to be wearing it when it comes around again".
The one exception might be small accessories...I wore a choker necklace into the office yesterday that I have had for about 35 years (bought it from a bead artist who painted and hand knotted each bead...sort of a macrame effect). I got lots of compliments. But I won't be wearing any mini skirts, fish net stockings, or gladiator sandals again anytime soon.

swiped from

3. A pierced tongue and dentures

4. Miniskirts and support hose

5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads

6. Speedo's and cellulite

7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar

8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor

9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge

10. Bikinis and liver spots

11. Short shorts and varicose veins

12. In-line skates and a walker

Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop

Until you put them all together in a single outting. Then you are a senior trend setter.

Funny stuff...

Are sandals with black socks while wearing shorts still considered unfashionable? Just askin...

I forget who it was, but one of the women on the forum has this as a particular pet peeve. She'll be along momentarily to set you straight. :LOL:

Socks (any color) with sandals and shorts -- bad

Socks with sandals and long pants -- good

This may be a west coast fashion rule. In the midwest men wear socks with sandals and shorts all the time. :nonono:

You should be thanking me for not posting the photo I have of two grandma's wearing thongs at the beach.

You should be thanking me for not posting the photo I have of two grandma's wearing thongs at the beach.

Carla Bruini, Sarkozy wife is a grandma, and I think she would look fine in a thong. But I am guessing your picture is a bit different.

carla-bruni-bikini.jpg

Carla Bruini, Sarkozy wife is a grandma, and I think she would look fine in a thong. But I am guessing your picture is a bit different.

carla-bruni-bikini.jpg
She is pretty in a hard way, but looks like a very challenging project. Still, you have to like a sheer white bikini, regardless of what a PITA the woman wearing it is likely to be.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom