Ironic ads on ER Forum

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I find it ironic that there are so many ads from firms offering "retirement planning advice" on this forum when so many of us are DIY or boglehead investors. I clicked on a few and surfed around small local CFP sites offering the usual range of financial education and services. No mention of the fees on any of them..:rolleyes:

I found one site with a fee schedule. Services for accounts $1M and under cost 1.25% per year.....I can't see what funds or products they recommend, but if they are doing actively managed products their client might be 2% to 3% in the hole from the start.

I suppose its a way to help pay for this site. I guess I need to raise my prices, I am WAY below those fees..........

I find it ironic that there are so many ads from firms offering "retirement planning advice" on this forum when so many of us are DIY or boglehead investors. I clicked on a few and surfed around small local CFP sites offering the usual range of financial education and services. No mention of the fees on any of them..:rolleyes:

You've raised a very valid point. Investment advisers do seem contrary to the philosophy of most members of on this forum. But, I suppose it's a lot like watching TV, we may not like the commercials, but the advertisers do indeed make the programming possible.

This site made me realize how persistant adserv technology has become. It is soooo easy for me to ignore the retirement planning ads and I fully understand why they are here. It shocked me to see that a certain website for online closet organizers had stalked me to this site. If you think the ads are bad, try cruising here without logging in! I suspect the true targets of these ads are the guests anyway since it is so easy to click on a cute picture link instead of reading a bunch of posts.

Back
Top Bottom