Official 2011 American Idol Thread.......

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Come on, I know you closet AI fans are out there. Maybe clifp will chime in, although now that Kara is gone, maybe he is sad and in hiding. I like the new judging panel, Steven Tyler cracks me up.

Super talent this year, the best ever by far........:)

Doesn't seem quite the same without Simon. I think they're letting lots of singers through that 'ol gnarly would have axed.

I like these contestants a lot:

Casey Abrams
Jaycee Badeaux
Scotty McCreery
Laina Alaina
Jordan Dorsey
Jackie Wilson (did she survive Hollywood)?

I like these contestants a lot:

Casey Abrams
Jaycee Badeaux
Scotty McCreery
Laina Alaina
Jordan Dorsey
Jackie Wilson (did she survive Hollywood)?

I'd add Brett Loewenstern to that list. The red haired kid with some interesting vocals. Love me some Casey Abrams for sure. Not sure he has the right "image" but hey, any guy who come on stage with a big ole upright bass has some courage:)

There are so many talented singers and many of them have an original sound and style - it will be hard to choose! Me and my girls are really enjoying it so far! I think Steven Tyler is wacky-fun akin to Paula and JLo is finding her comfort zone...it's also really well produced...

I'm not much of a fan, but DH is so I see it if I'm in the TV room or I just hear it if I'm doing other things. I thought it was interesting how many of the groups (group night) sang Forget You...love that song! BTW, just listening is a whole different animal from watching. There have been a few times when I trek down the hall to see who is singing. Other times, I just try to ignore it.

Come on, I know you closet AI fans are out there. Maybe clifp will chime in, although now that Kara is gone, maybe he is sad and in hiding. I like the new judging panel, Steven Tyler cracks me up.

Super talent this year, the best ever by far........:)

I stop watching the last half of new season, yes I miss Kara and I can't imagine the show without Simon.

I guess Jo Lo will have to do in the eye candy department. I've heard enough good things about Steve Tyler and the show overall that I'll start watching now that they are in in Vegas .

They're doing Beatles songs next week. Can't imagine 15 year olds interpreting this song book very well. But then again, there was this not so long ago....

PS - Yeah, I know it's not the Beatles but Lennon, even so...YouTube - David Archuleta - Imagine - American Idol

Incredible, wasn't he? David Archuleta was so gifted and I love listening to him.

Yeah, that was one of those special moments. :)

I was afraid when they changed judges from last year that it would change the show. I fully expected it to be not worth watching anymore. I was very surprised to find myself liking it this year. The singers this year are wonderful and the 3 judges get along very well. I didn't think I'd like Steven Tyler but I do....he really "feels" the music.

I swore I wasn't going to watch this year, but ended up watching the past couple weeks. Lots of good talent and I'm pretty impressed with the judges. They seem to be working together and truly seem interested. I'll keep watching, for now...

If you aren't watching tonight and enjoy American Idol, turn it on! They're doing Beatles songs and so far, some versions have been very enjoyable IMO.

If you aren't watching tonight and enjoy American Idol, turn it on! They're doing Beatles songs and so far, some versions have been very enjoyable IMO.
(emphasis added just now)
Dawg52 said:
I have never watched more than 5 minutes of the show. Just not my bag.

Well then, definitely don't turn it on! :2funny: Either you like it, or you don't, it seems to me and that's OK.

Of course immediately after I posted the above, they stopped showing some of the really good renditions of Beatles songs and started with the judging. :rolleyes:

I was afraid when they changed judges from last year that it would change the show. I fully expected it to be not worth watching anymore. I was very surprised to find myself liking it this year. The singers this year are wonderful and the 3 judges get along very well. I didn't think I'd like Steven Tyler but I do....he really "feels" the music.

I agree fully! Almost didn't watch it this season. I thought it would fall apart without Simon. But the contestants are very talented (love Casey Abrams---hope he recovers soon---was hospitalized yesterday and he may not be able to participate. I'm hoping poor little Jaycee won't be brought on is Casey's place if that happens) and the judges seem insightful and can be entertaining. Don't watch much TV, so it's nice to still have a show that I find fun.

What was with the dresses that the contestants were wearing yesterday? Almost seemed like Halloween costumes! And sad that some contestants say they never heard the Beatles (is that even possible?), but most sang fun versions of their songs.

I think the show is better now, there's no weird paula moments or mean simon moments and I think the show is better for it! There is so much talent this year it will be fun to watch instead of just waiting for some to be weeded out...

Back
Top Bottom