a thread's subject color - read/not read

veremchuka

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
irradiated - too close to the nuclear furnace
when i click on "see new posts" i get a list. in that list threads i have looked at in the past have their subject in dark blue and threads i have not been in their subject is a lighter blue. for weeks i have noticed that not all threads that i have looked at are dark blue.

here's an example. the "how millennial are you" thread i have looked at and posted in and the subject is dark blue. the thread "what's wrong with too much internet" i have also looked at and posted in it but the subject is light blue like all the threads i have not gone into.

any reason why? it makes it easier for me to spot threads i follow to look for the dark blue but it is not reliable and it seems that it should be consistent.

I believe that light blue means you have read all posts in a particular thread. If someone makes a new post on a thread, the link will revert to dark blue.

I see

a. dark blue bold font for threads I have read but that have new posts (it doesn't vary if I have posted to them or not),
b. a slightly paler blue bold font for threads I haven't read at all (the difference is very slight compared to (a) above)
c. and a dark blue not-bold font for threads I have read that don't have new posts.

If you are not seeing the second, maybe you are not logged in, veremchuka?

Also, I'm going to move this thread to forum administration so the e-r.org technies can see it.

Last edited:
i am logged in, i never sign out i just close the browser window when i'm done. hours later i click on the bookmark for this site and i'm logged on again and then click on new posts.

it's the example of the "too much internet" thread whose subject appearance has the same font size and color as a new thread that was created since my last visit that i'm wondering about. it is easy to spot threads i have followed when the subject is a different color blue than the new threads.

You can subscribe to threads of particular interest.

At the top left of a thread, there is a pull-down menu called "thread tools". Select "subscribe to this thread" and you are all set.

maybe by posting in this thread or authoring it i automatically have subscribed? when i do this i see unsubscribe but there is not a subscribe option. this thread is one of several with my problem as the color would indicate i have not looked at it yet.

Hmmm, you didn't delete your cookies, did you? That might affect the auto coloring.

The difference in coloring between "have read thread but new posts" and "have not read thread" is very very slight on my computer screen, by the way.

There is one color for thread titles. Bolded titles have content you have not read.

About subscriptions: There are several ways to manage subscriptions. There is a setting in your user CP that you can adjust to never subscribe, subscribe to threads you've posted to, subscribe with e-mail notices, etc. Look for the menu item for "edit options" to find these settings.

You can manually subscribe to a thread from the thread tools drop down menu at the top of an open thread.

You can also delete existing subscriptions from your usercp. Look for the menu option for "subscriptions" near the bottom of the left column.

Quite right Janet. In my mind, bolded is dark blue and unbolded is light blue, but they are actually the same color.

Last edited:
i never delete cookies.

excellent this is exactly what i mean and see. this thread for me is in the color that starts with offical but since i have been in this it should be the color of the parity text. most of the time these colors are correct but maybe 5% of the time they are wrong and only showing a read thread as unread never showing an unread thread as read.

i'll look at the subscriptions in my user cp.

does anyone else experience this problem or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom