Google Chrome Browser / Firecalc

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been using Google Chrome for about a year. Chrome has some features that IE does not have, but some things don't get handled by Chrome quite as well as IE; for example, downloads, opening PDF documents, and opening Microsoft Office documents (.dox/docx, .xls, .ppt), but I have lived with it.

A few days ago, I started getting this message on the FireCalc results page after clicking on the investigate tab and selecting any option but the default one at the top: "ERROR -- Cannot continue.
Your browser is not sending the data you entered, so no processing can be done. This version of this program was replaced long ago, so I suggest you use new new one."

This worked fine until a few days ago. It is possible that Chrome itself changed. Works fine on IE. Is anybody else who is using Chrome seeing this? When I click on tools --> About Google Chrome, it says I am running 9.0.597.107.

Using the same version of Chrome on a Mac, I get the same result.

One of the downsides of Chrome's automatic update mechanism is that when they break something, you can't opt out of it. With more classical software delivery methods, you can generally wait a few weeks to see if they roll the update back.

If several people are having this issue (I don't use Chrome any more, so can't tell), you should report it to Google. My experience - with another part of their empire, true - is that they take bugs seriously.

I use Google at home because it is generally faster than MS Explorer. However, calendars (e.g. bank payments, airlines) don't load.

Today I see I am running Chrome 10.0.648.151 and FireCalc is working properly again.

Still not a fan of the auto updates.

Today I see I am running Chrome 10.0.648.151 and FireCalc is working properly again.

Still not a fan of the auto updates.

I'm still seeing the problem. Have not checked on other OSs, this is under Ubuntu/linux

Chromium 9.0.597.107 (75357) Ubuntu 10.04

FIRECalc Results
ERROR -- Cannot continue.
Your browser is not sending the data you entered, so no processing can be done. This version of this program was replaced long ago, so I suggest you use new new one

I don't think I get auto updates, I've got to trigger them.

-ERD50

OK,, I upgraded to CHROMIUM 10.0.648.133 (77742) Ubuntu 10.04

still getting the error messages.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom