Free Brain Food - looking for free online education

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I did a search of ER.org looking for a free online college course link that was posted a while back. No luck. :(

That fruitless search gave me an idea.

Please post any links to free courses, free documents (like T-Al's free kindle thread), or anything that would benefit the ER community.

I'll go first. This is a very basic investing clasroom curriculum at Morningstar. It may help some of our Young Dreamers exploring the basics of investing, and maybe even "stump" a few of our more expert members. :blush:

Investment Education, Investing 101, Investment Basics, Investment Classroom, Learn to Invest | Morningstar

Freebird, thank you for starting this thread, which will prove to be an excellent resource!

I'll pitch in with a few resources from across the pond:

First, the RS (Royal Society):
royalsociety.tv videos and lectures | Royal Society.

Here's a presentation that may be of interest: Three Score Years and Then: the New Biology of Aging

The RS also has a presence on YouTube:
YouTube - RoyalSociety's Channel

There is also the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufacturing and Commerce) RSA - Home
which has a great animation channel on YouTube.
YouTube - theRSAorg's Channel

Well thank you! :flowers:

I figured a thread dedicated to online learning would be useful to the ER community.

I also have raging cabin fever :(, and need something to stimulate the old brain cells. I did nothing but study and practice in the technology field for over 25 years, and wish to broaden my horizons a bit. :cool:

freebird5825, I know this subject has threads if someone can only remember the titles of them. Hint, hint!

Thanks for starting this thread. It's definitely going to be a good one to bookmark.

Depending upon what kind of course you want, here are two possibilities.
MIT has some open, ie online courses.
Free Online Course Materials | MIT OpenCourseWare
MIT's archives were a lifesaver when our high-schooler started taking AP courses, both for her and us parents.

She still sneaks a peak at them from college, although she now refers to MIT as "The Rice of the Northeast"...

Back
Top Bottom