Hello everyone!

are_we_there_yet?

Confused about dryer sheets
I joined a few years ago and have since periodically stopped by to seek some [-]entertainment[/-] knowledge.

I guess my INTP-ness (and sometimes INTJ) prevented me from posting sooner. But hanging around here for the past few years, I feel at home with so many similar minded folks.

I really don't have anything of value to add (hence my reluctance to post), so I'll introduce myself a little bit: 36 year old, married, 2 toddler kids. I've been socking away into my retirement accounts since 23. DW wasn't doing much with her accounts until I got my hands on them.

Started investing during the late 90's. I thought I was unstoppable and was totally disappointed with my (monthly) 100% gains! Then of course, the tech bubble popped. I have since settled down and am (mostly) a boglehead follower. I still have a small amount of money earmarked for testosterone driven trades.

Soon after, I forayed into the land of DRIPS (dividend reinvestment plans). I soon found out that I am not much of a book-keeper. When I sold them, it was a nightmare for me to calculate the cost basis. After I liquidated all my after-tax accounts, I decided it was a good time to buy house. That was in late 2004. Got married 2 years later. 2 kids followed soon after. And that brings us to the present.

At my advanced tender age, I have lived through 2 bubbles and a few recessions. But I am most proud of living through and surviving being in the labor room with my wife and asking her if her contraction pain is bad (x2!).

We currently have a little over 400k saved up for retirement. The only debt we have is the mortgage, which is about 190k. We are on track to FIRE in our mid to late 50's. I don't particularly hate (or love) my work, so I can easily work a little longer if needed.

That's it for now. I hope to chime in from time to time.

Hey...it's nice to hear from you. Chime away....I look forward to reading your posts...:greetings10:

...We are on track to FIRE in our mid to late 50's. I don't particularly hate (or love) my work, so I can easily work a little longer if needed...
I am sure you know that being FI is nice, even if you do not plan to RE. People may not hate their work, but often resent their work environment. Having an option is always good. Welcome aboard!

Welcome! Sounds like you're doing very well; think how much better some of us would be doing if you had been posting instead of lurking! :D

Back
Top Bottom