Can not delete my posts

There is a six hour window after posting to edit/delete a post by clicking on the "edit" button. After six hours the "edit" button goes away. If your post is the first in a thread, you can only edit, not delete during the window.

Reactions: DFA
My best posts have all been deleted, and my best threads get closed. Oh well, I have always been a one who is non-compliant..........:)

I don't seem to have the ability to delete my posts?
The "Edit" button will be removed from your post after a period of time (24 hours?), which is what is used to modify/delete the entry.

Really, it's a good thing to do. If I make a "stupid statement", I'll have the ability to remove it for a short period of time. However if it's still there tomorrow, it gives the rest of the forum members the ability to pull my chain, forever :whistle: ...

Really, it's a good thing to do. If I make a "stupid statement", I'll have the ability to remove it for a short period of time. However if it's still there tomorrow, it gives the rest of the forum members the ability to pull my chain, forever :whistle: ...

Yep, know how that feels!:angel:

You can click the "little triangle with an exclamation point in it" icon at the left of your post to report it and make your case for deleting it. If there's not a strong reason (maybe you accidentally revealed your name/address/phone number/Visa number/witness protection location/trade secrets, for instance) or if it's been replied to within the thread, it probably won't be changed, though.

You can thank Cut-Throat for this policy. The "Delete" button was set to expire when one day he decided he'd shared too much, got concerned about his online privacy, and started deleting hundreds of his posts.

It may have made him feel better but it rendered a number of threads unintelligible (like his original "Hi, I am..." intro). It also caused many other board members to start quoting every post they ran across, lest the original poster try to delete their material.

This board is too big to return to those wild, crazy, care-free days.

I've seen discussion boards where each & every member has moderator powers. However this type of "freedom" is probably unworkable above a half-dozen members.

Back
Top Bottom