How much money is in your wallet right now?

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've found that cash lasts me forever these days, as I use my credit card wherever and whenever I can. I don't even carry coins anymore unless I'm headed to the car wash.

Oh, me? $38 even.

$14. I rarely use cash. Like you, I haven't carried coins around forever and typically have $20 or so in my wallet. I use a credit card for pretty much everything that I pay off at the end of the month.

$37, I start out the week with about $50 for misc stuff while at work.

$21 after using $11 for my 'special' lunch today.
I don't really need cash, but now I have to have it since I'm going to start teaching my DD (5y.o.) about money.

$52. Many years since I carried any coins. Very rarely use cash, use credit card. Which was a big aid in tracking expenses. It solved the "cash question mark", which was an annual outlay of cash, and not much idea where it went.

Cash in my wallet has a real danger of decomposition. I need to rotate it out :LOL:

$317.00 plus some change. I never go to ATMs, but I don't want to be caught anywhere without folding money. I mostly use a credit card for purchases, preferring to keep the cash for emergencies. I keep a roll of quarters in each car plus some additional bills (maybe $20.00) and each car has an E-Z pass (even though I rarely travel toll roads). Better safe than sorry. And no, I am not tempted to spend the cash just because I have it.

$83, all paper currency.
Coin currency makes my pocketbook heavy, so I hand all the change to Mr B for the "vacation fund".
I also use my cashback card for every single purchase, in person and online.
Mr B hands me half the cost of gas, food etc in cash.
Sometimes I chip in for beers at the Legion, sometimes I don't. :whistle:
He always buys. It's a guy thing. ;)

$13 and change. I use both credit card and cash.

$0.00.

I don't carry cash. It has a bad way of burning a hole in my pocket.

I like to use cash up to about 20 Euros ($30).

Here's an interesting-ish piece from the BBC on trying to go cashless in the UK.

Interesting piece.... seems like either there has been changes from when I was there or it is where he went... my gym just issued me a key, so I did not have to have 20p... the grocery did not have you pay (or deposit) any money to get a basket...

I have gone weeks without paying anything with cash... today was the first day in 2 1/2 weeks... and I could have used my CC, but did not think to do it for $1.88...

I have $103, but that is because I did not take out the cash I put in when we went on vacation last week...

Usually carry about $30. Right now - $2.

$80 - I took out $100 before an extended weekend roadtrip to Chicago. All expenses went on the credit card.

Spent the $20 on ice cream treats for the kids and DW's coffee.

$57 - I charged our group lunch and people gave me money knowing I would get rewards.

$130 but that is a hundred or so higher than normal because my DS just paid me back for something he charged on my card. Next time DW needs to go to the ATM, I'll lighten up.

$0. I hardly ever carry any cash. I had $2 earlier this morning, but there was a bake sale going on in the contractor's break room...and I had a cup of coffee sitting on my desk...and those cupcakes looked really good....

84 bucks... all paper, not in wallet but in front pocket,,,

wonder if the US will ever eliminate 1 dollar paper money and use coins like O' -Canada - eh?

A little over $200, but I carry emergency money. I could get by with $0-$40 without an issue 99% of the time...

$236 - -- Just call me "Miss Moneybags"! :D I just went to the ATM a few days ago.

Wow! I'm amazed at the extremes. I would never consider going anywhere with zero dollars, probably a carryover from when I was a kid and had to buy gas with coins found in the glove box to get home. :blush:

On the other hand, I'd never carry hundreds for fear of losing my wallet, although I never have (yet,........ gulp).

$0 here as well. Every penny spent goes on the debit card so that it can be tracked easily in Quicken.

I went out for lunch the other day and the hole in the wall wouldn't take my debit card unless I spent at least $10. I found another place for lunch!

I usually carry about $40 plus about $5 in toonies and loonies (can't escape the coins up here!). Everything else goes on the credit card to get the cashback rewards.

Back
Top Bottom