High Net Worth Brokerage Services

Packman

Recycles dryer sheets
I am looking for insight on the different brokerages and what they offer as incentives to attract high net worth customers. For example, I am with Fidelity now and they offer free consultations, low commisison trades, special customer service, etc. With Vanguard, I received a once-per-year free annual portfolio review. What about the others - Schwab, Edward Jones, E-Trade, or even the full service brokers?

Overall, I like my service from Fidelity, but I wanted to see if I'm missing anything somewhere else.

You get an assigned sales person. More opportunity to sell you stuff: separate accounts, individual bonds portfolio, ...

Schwab assigns you someone who seems to help as much or little as desired. He was very helpful the few times I ask - burps in my 401k rollover when I retired, setting up my first 72t distributions, late 1099s.

I have used Schwab since the early 1980's...a long time. I have found them to be helpful and very interested in my business in every case. Their CS folks are available 24/7 and are always professional and ready to help. A few years ago, I was assigned a "Financial Consultant" who is out of our local office. We talk maybe once or twice a year. He knows I am a "do-it-yourselfer" and will call if I need him. Works very well.

Back
Top Bottom