Local reporters FIRE announcement

In my wife's opinion, no one who loves "Chuck" can be at all appealing. She was working at the U. Michigan Union when Chuck decided his dinner rolls were sufficiently stale that he should throw one at a waitress. What a jerk.

Rather than comment on the subject of the post, I think I'll take the opportunity to rant about the difficulty of finding a restaurant with good dinner rolls....

Rather than comment on the subject of the post, I think I'll take the opportunity to rant about the difficulty of finding a restaurant with good dinner rolls....

If a restaurant doesn't provide plenty of good, fresh, hot French bread we just won't stand for it! None of this day old stuff! And Leidenheimer's or baked in house, please! :LOL:

I don't think I've had a dinner roll since I moved to New Orleans, just not often provided at the restaurants locals frequent. I wonder how that waitress would have felt if she had been pelted by heavy half loaves of stale French bread instead of dinner rolls. :eek:

Last edited:
are you sure there is FI in the journalist's future? The industry is shedding its best talents before their time. They can't all make a living blogging.
It does beg the question Where do people in Florida go to retire?

II wonder how that waitress would have felt if she had been pelted by heavy half loaves of stale French bread instead of dinner rolls. :eek:
Well, I gather it wasn't so much physical injury involved as it was humiliation.

I have decided it does not matter as much what one does in life, as whether one does it well, and continues to find satisfaction in it.

That's what it's all about. :)

Tonight I was at a happy hour I like. I noticed how carefully and workmanly the Mexican shucker went about his work, and how happy and engaged the bartenders and waitresses seemed to be.

Many people take pride in their work and get satisfaction from it.

Ha

Yes, just the reaction I was hoping for :rolleyes:.

Now watch it morph into an NRA rant.

I can't believe Gasol fumbled the perfect pass Kobe gave him to cost the Laker the game. It is like the basketball was a piping hot dinner roll and it burned Gasol's hands. Well it burned me up, and Kobe shot him a killer look which he deserved.

The Laker should give Pau Gasol an early retirement, preferable in Florida near Rich.

Was this what you were looking for Rich?:D

I wonder how a writer stops writing... even if he's not writing about the Florida legislature.

I wonder how a writer stops writing... even if he's not writing about the Florida legislature.

They probably do not.... now that blogs are available.

But they get to write about things they choose!

I had highlighted the two key paragraphs and was ready to paste them in here. But after reading the whole thread I concluded that this is one of those few threads where it is better that people read the article (or not) than have the key point summarized. Otherwise you can't properly digress. ;)

Tonight I was at a happy hour I like. I noticed how carefully and workmanly the Mexican shucker went about his work, and how happy and engaged the bartenders and waitresses seemed to be.

Many people take pride in their work and get satisfaction from it.

Ha

Actually, I take pride in and get satisfaction from my work. Its the bureaucracy and bullcrap that drains much of that away. I described it to a coworker recently as trying to do your job while balancing a VP on your shoulders at all times.

I can't believe Gasol fumbled the perfect pass Kobe gave him to cost the Laker the game. It is like the basketball was a piping hot dinner roll and it burned Gasol's hands. Well it burned me up, and Kobe shot him a killer look which he deserved.

The Laker should give Pau Gasol an early retirement, preferable in Florida near Rich.

Was this what you were looking for Rich?:D
Better, better. ;)

Luby's?

oops. responded to wrong quote!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom