For the 'Legal Eagles" on the forum , about Raketeer Influenced Corrupt Org. Act

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For the 'Legal Eagles" on the forum , about Raketeer Influenced Corrupt Org. Act

I am having a nasty little money dispute with an unrelated department the govmn't agency I work for.

As many working in government might agree, an agency will do anything, except the moral and correct thing , if the agency has found out it is wrong on something. ( Even at "Mega-Corp", before working in govmn't couldnt even come close)

I'm thinking that a civil action in federal court might get them to wake -up and do the moral and correct thing. The Federal R.I.C.O statutes comes to mind .This is one of those " Its the Principal" issues. The one thing that scares them is bad publicity, and the news media eats this stuff up.

1. Can a R.I.C.O. civil action be brought if no criminal action, correction , no criminal case is linked ?

2. Just how costly are filing fees in federal court, and does it require an atty. to file the action ?

Plan B , prob. a much better plan, is a small claims suit for the maximum (7,500), of course after all administrative releif attempts have been exhausted. The cost to defend may deter the "Thug" attitude in the future. This will not get any media attention, or change the way they operate, but I would recover damages at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom