Votes: 111 49.1%
  • I'm pretty sure I have it made

Votes: 103 45.6%
  • I'm on shaky ground

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • I'm looking for a job

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
I voted "shaky ground", though things are going reasonably well. I've hit a pretty good number on the portfolio, and appear to have reasonable job security for the [-]next few weeks[/-] foreseeable future. Retiree HI, for now, is covered. If I can hang on for a few more, getting closer to early SS, I should be able to FIRE at a decent level. Shaky, because there's still a lot TBD, but it looks doable.

The answer was "Not a thing. Party on..."
Put together a plan in 2002. So far way ahead of plan.

Of course, I don't have to fly to the mainland for parents and children. But as long as the money is there, why not?

I always say that retirment is the best job that I've ever had and I work for a great boss. For the first time in my life I am debt free. I live with my gf in her house that is mortgage free. For the first time in my life I can truthfully say I am happy. Slept until 11 this morning and had no guilt about it, ain't life grand?

I don't plan to vote, IMO this kind of thing is bad juju.

Ha

I don't plan to vote, IMO this kind of thing is bad juju.

Ha

ER jan 1, 1993 age 49, now 67 almost 68. Sooo now have I 'done ER' and graduated into 'oldphartness' ? Or what.

:D We're supoossed to take this thread serious. Right? :dance:

heh heh heh - still practicing. :cool:

Yup, I have many things to be thankful for in life. Not what I planned in my starry-eyed 20's, but most certainly could be worse and I have learned to take things one day at a time and be grateful for the good things.

Yes, I pretty much have it made and am enjoying retirement!!

Have I got it made? Boy, have I got it made!!! I've been retired for 4 years & 2 months as of today, and everything is going fantastic!!! No schedules to keep, get up when I take notion, hit the pillows when I feel like it, go where I want when I want, play in the gardens, tinker in the workshop, or just sit and watch the birds or gaze at the clouds!

Life is GREAT!!!

Yup, got it made. I'm not working, nor will I ever.

We both quit w*rking in January 2008, and not a day goes by without both of us thanking our lucky stars we are retired and loving it. Yes--emphatically yes--we have it made!
(The economy imploded right after we retired, and I'm sure if we hadn't retired then, we would have been too scared to retire. I bet we would both still be at jobs we hate today. )
We don't live lavishly--and never did--but we planned the retirement finances pretty well, and are having as much fun now as when we met back in college. And no exams!

I have it made. Work if and when I want, zip off to our vacation condo when I want, have a bunch of toys, great hobbies, good health and understanding wife.

I got it made. I was just thinking this morning that I don't seem to have enough time to do some of the activities I got into specifically to keep me busy during retirement. I figured out why. I write all day, books, blogs, etc. I love it. I have a nice pension and I do what I want all day. Yeah, I got it made.

As for bad juju, after my winter if I can say I got it made, I must really have it made.

Just got back from four days at Lake Coeur D'Alene in N. Idaho helping a friend install a fence on his lake front property. Weather was great, food was good, got lots done. Leaving on Sat for a week in Victoria, BC. Weather forecast is for low 60's and no rain.

both my kids have their careers going well.

I sleep well every night.

We both quit w*rking in January 2008, and not a day goes by without both of us thanking our lucky stars we are retired and loving it. Yes--emphatically yes--we have it made!
(The economy imploded right after we retired, and I'm sure if we hadn't retired then, we would have been too scared to retire. I bet we would both still be at jobs we hate today. )
We don't live lavishly--and never did--but we planned the retirement finances pretty well, and are having as much fun now as when we met back in college. And no exams!

We have friends in that situation. They are frozen with indecision.

Have it made? And then some.

ER'd 4 years ago. Despite serious withdrawals (gifts to kids for DP on houses), NW is up 50%. No one tells me what to do. No one tells me I'm an idiot (except DW, of course). I do what I want, when I want (except when DW tells me what to do).

What can be bad here, even if I die tomorrow?

I have it made, but I'm still new to this ER thing. After 6 days of ER, I have barely tought about the old j*b - which amazes me, since it was most of my life for over 20 years. I had one call and one email from old co-workers and staff in the last two days asking for some advice. I made myself sound interested, but NOT. I will admit that I haven't settled into a nice easy-going routine yet, but I will in time.

Life is GOOD!

Glo said:
Yep, have it made. Not rich by any means but have plenty of everything I need. I'm very greatful.

+1

I'm blessed.

I was edging my sidewalk and thinking about how my retirement was going the other day and this thought popped into my head "sh!t you got it made dude".

In a movie this would be the exact point a Mack truck would come from the side and flatten you.

I prefer not to tempt fate.

I have to ask all of you who early retired in your late 40's, what are you doing for health insurance for you and your signficant other? I can't imagine paying $1500 a month for health insurance, that would deplete my hard earned savings quite rapidly!

No, I don't have it made yet!!! May be another 5-10 years.

Back
Top Bottom