Thailand-Mae Hong Son to Ma Sariang, Part 3

Lancelot

Full time employment: Posting here.
I fueled up the Mini Beast and downed a cup of coffee at one of the ubiquitious 7-11s. I think Thailand holds the worlds record for the number of 7-11s and ATM machines :)

The twisty road was empty and I let the MB have her way. I was happily motoring down the two lane when I noticed a sign pointing to Mae Sariang Immigration. Th main road is basically a by pass and I had almost missed the town!

Mae Sariang is a dusty little town but still interesting and the locals were friendl enough. I drove down by the river and selected River Bank Guest House and being a discerning fellow I opted for the 250 baht river view room-because it had a live tree trunk that entered from the floor and exited at the ceiling. Ripley’s Believe it or Not has nothing on the Lance now, LOL.

Well, my self congratulations were pre mature because about 3 am I woke up with little ants swarming all over me and the bed. I dusted them off the best I could, showered and went back to sleep. The next morning I was out there early :dance:

1. 100 baht ($3.34) breakfast at Mae Hong Son
2. Ah, the open road!
3. More curves...
4. My Tree Room... (Not recommended)
5. View from the back of my room :)

Attachments

• Mae Hong Song Loop 080.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 080.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 069.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 069.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 061.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 061.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 085.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 085.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 100.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 100.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
1. Rad na, noodles in gravy with pork and veggies, one of my favorites 30 baht, $1 yankee dollar :)
2. Shop house restaurant where I ate the rad na
3. More views from the balcony

Attachments

• Mae Hong Song Loop 099.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 099.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 098.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 098.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 102.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 102.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Mae Hong Song Loop 110.JPG
    Mae Hong Song Loop 110.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
This may sound like a silly question but are deadly snakes a real and present danger where you travel? There are cobras, kraits, coral, sea snakes and pit vipers in Thailand, what a collection! Well on the plus side no mambas!

This may sound like a silly question but are deadly snakes a real and present danger where you travel? There are cobras, kraits, coral, sea snakes and pit vipers in Thailand, what a collection! Well on the plus side no mambas!

Not a silly question at all.

A lot of the jungle wsa hacked down in the early 1900's for rice production. Once in a while I've seen snakes being captured from houses on Thai TV; however, I personally have only seen one or two small, and harmless, snakes.

Ridding my motor bike is far, far more of a danger . Even walking or being a bus passenger is much more risky when compared with the west :cool:

Back
Top Bottom