Aflac?

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm a buyer here

Dollar Cost Averaging and Dividend re-investing

It's not a company without problems but if your timeline is 3-5 years I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

AFLAC (AFL) get the majority of its revenues from selling secondary health insurance in Japan to compliment the almost universal health coverage in that country. Ironically, the earthquake in Japan may end up being good for business as the health conscious citizens worry about fallout, etc.

If this country (USA) ever gets its act together in regards to health care, AFL will be well positioned to offer similar products here.

They are very shareholder friendly and although the yield is usually in 2% category, this recent downturn has pushed the yield up to the mid-3% AND they raise it at a very good rate – expect the next few years to see a slowing of the dividend growth as they preserve capital to meet the demanding conditions – then I expect the dividend to resume a 15% or so annual increase. They buy back a lot of stock – again not a program without a downside (masking lack of growth and buying too high) but it can be a good use of funds.

My opinion is free and you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom