Finding a Good Neighborhood

F-One

Recycles dryer sheets
I happened to find the website below with links to various tips, info and rankings of areas concerning relocating:

How to Find a Good Neighborhood

With a lot of people thinking of relocating upon retirement, myself included, thought this might help.

Very interesting, especially the "PRIZM" tool for understanding population segments in a particular zip code. I wish there were a "reverse PRIZM" so I could plug in preferred population segments and get matching zip codes.

Amethyst

Neighborhoods can be very very specific and small. I called my insurance agent to ask if there might be any change in my insurance (car) from my current address to the contemplated one, only 1 mile away.

40% more at the new place! Actuaries may be dull, but they are not stupid, so I think that difference is telling me something.

Ha

Neighborhoods can be very very specific and small. I called my insurance agent to ask if there might be any change in my insurance (car) from my current address to the contemplated one, only 1 mile away.

40% more at the new place! Actuaries may be dull, but they are not stupid, so I think that difference is telling me something.

Ha
That's a great point. Better than any census data or police report database for comparing different alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom