My son is ready to retire (cute kid story)

eyeonFI

Recycles dryer sheets
My mother just told me about a conversation she had with my son, who is 3.5 years old. Thought some of you might find it entertaining.

DS: "who's retired in our family?"
Grandma: "Grandpa is retired, grandma is retired, Aunt J and Mommy still work so they aren't retired."
DS: "I want to be retired."
Grandma: "First you have to grow up and work. You work, and then you can retire."
DS: "I want to work for ONE DAY, then I'll retire."

That's my boy :D

My mother just told me about a conversation she had with my son, who is 3.5 years old. Thought some of you might find it entertaining.

Grandma: "Grandpa is retired, grandma is retired, Aunt J and Mommy still work so they aren't retired."
Grandma: "First you have to grow up and work. You work, and then you can retire."

What a marvelous opportunity to start a conversation about how one retires early. He's only 3, but if you were to write down his statement and as he gets older help him with financial concepts...who knows, may he could retire very early!

You never know!

When I was a kid, I was asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?". I apparently answered "millionaire without working". And look at me now!:D

I'm hoping the knowledge and benefits of financial independence rub off on my kids. We are exposing them to basic money concepts early on, and I think they are getting it.

A few years back I was visiting my Dad in England, and one morning I sat on his front door step with him, saying "All reet marra" (="Hi") to folks walking to work, and kids walking to school. One of the girls, aged about 10, looked over and said, "I wish I was old", then thought about it and said, "Not really, I just wish I was rich".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom